Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brad's old Shop #3
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
ok, due to the underwhelming response from all the guys that *said* they were going to share the costs with me,

this project is DEAD

only one (1) was willing to hand me money this weekend, one more promised he would be ready "by september" ...

i can't and don't want to float $1000 each month on my own, just not going to happen ...
sad.gif Andy

PS: now i need to figure out where to move & store all the stuff as the landlord will otherwise just throw it all away ...
MoveQik
I see it all the time in my line of work. All I hear is "Hey, if you see a good deal on a house, let me know" I show them a good deal and they run for the hills when I ask them if they have the cash or a loan in the works.

It always falls apart when it comes time to put up the cash. Too bad. It sounded like a nice facilty up there.
KenH
What kind of "stuff"??

Ken
Jenny
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jun 22 2005, 02:20 PM)
now i need to figure out where to move & store all the stuff as the landlord will otherwise just throw it all away ...

Shit. That sucks. I don't use the shop, but it'd be a shame to see it go. Plus, the parts in that shop belong mostly to private parties. I know there's still a lot of my stuff in there... unsure.gif And I just recently rescued Fiid's wheels & tires from there as well.

Jen
Joe Bob
Here come the vultures.... wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (KenH @ Jun 22 2005, 02:29 PM)
What kind of "stuff"??

big items:
- 1 car, six conversion car that brad is eventually going to finish
- 1 racecar that was going to be the "914 Club rent-a-racer", idea being to make it available for clubmembers to rent per day to run AX ... (see attached pic)
- big air compressor

smaller stuff:
- tons of parts, most of it in bins
- body panels, hoods, fenders, doors, spoilers etc.
- wheels & tires
- a few engines
- suspension components, brakes, hubs
- tools
- quite a few industrial style shelves

wacko.gif Andy

PS: the future "914 Club rent-a-racer" ...
SirAndy
nuther ...
SirAndy
BTW. none of that stuff is for sale ...
all that stuff belongs either to brad or one of his customers ...

it all needs to be stored.
rolleyes.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jun 22 2005, 02:44 PM)
it all needs to be stored

icon_bump.gif
Mueller
you'd think Brad would kick in a major amount of $$$ to keep the stuff all together and stored..........will we be having a "help-move-this-crap-to-a-storage-place" any time soon????
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jun 22 2005, 03:46 PM)
you'd think Brad would kick in a major amount of $$$ to keep the stuff all together and stored..........will we be having a "help-move-this-crap-to-a-storage-place" any time soon????

since when does B. have $$$ ???? confused24.gif

he's willing to pay for storage, if needed, but he can't swing $1000/month for the shop either ...
especially if he doesn't use it to generate income ...

yes, a "help-move-this-crap-to-a-storage-place" day is in order, just thought it would be better to find some space other than your average storage unit ...

wink.gif Andy
rhodyguy
sooner this way than having to badger folks every stinking month for their share of the rent andy. looks like a ton of stuff. if storage unit costs are anything like up here, those exspenses are going to be steep too.

k
SirAndy
QUOTE (Sir Fartalot @ Jun 22 2005, 02:39 PM)
Here come the vultures.... wink.gif

from a PM i just got ...

"Is it going to become a private free for all, if all else fails? I may have time for that."

huh.gif
McMark
As Andy stated, all of the items are spoken for in one way or another. This will not end up being a free for all.
914 novice
Andy,
Since you are the main reason this site is here now I am more than willing to pay pal you some money in appreciation for my endless hours of enjoyment.How you spend the money is your business and I won't even expect anything in return laugh.gif
Paul
Qarl
Who is Brad?
Dave_Darling
Email me when you figure out when the moving party is gonna be. Sorry I can't help with the space, but at least I can lift and carry...

--DD
Dr Evil
Help B move car parts!? No way. The last folks who did that were arrested wink.gif
McMark
Thanks Dave! We're probably going to be bringing the stuff to my house for now. We'll need a few guys to help load things. We'll keep you posted.
Lyressa Roberts
If I can help, I will. It all depends on whether I'm back in school or not...
jonwatts
Lyressa, give up on school, it'll never get you anywhere wink.gif

I agree with the guy that got ripped off by stromberg.gif, as much as I could have used that space it's probably better this way. Any chance Brad would come up to help with the move?

Now anytime we need B we have to ask if MoM will let him come out and play laugh.gif

chunger
I must come get my trans. . . please let me know when someone's going to be at the shop this week. . . I hope it's over there.

-'Chung
SirAndy
QUOTE (chunger @ Jun 22 2005, 05:38 PM)
I must come get my trans. . .

no worries, nothing will be lost!

the bulk will be moved to McMarks Estate in Nappa ...

maybe as soon as this saturday.
i'm still working on the logistics and i'll let you all know as soon as i know ...
wink.gif Andy
neo914-6
QUOTE (chunger @ Jun 22 2005, 04:38 PM)
I must come get my trans. . . please let me know when someone's going to be at the shop this week. . . I hope it's over there.

-'Chung

I'll find a home for your 930... laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
Crap. My attorney has me pretty well booked up this weekend... And I don't think she'll let me get out of going to the opera to move dirty car parts. (Heck, I've tried ever other excuse I can think of; I'll give it a shot!!)

--DD
ChrisReale
Sorry this isn't working out. I should have gotten back to you quicker Andy. As it is, $200 a month for shop space I might use once or twice a month just doesn't fit my income/budget right now. I can help move schtuff if its on a saturday or Sunday tho... beerchug.gif
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jun 22 2005, 04:13 PM)
Lyressa, give up on school, it'll never get you anywhere wink.gif

I agree with the guy that got ripped off by stromberg.gif, as much as I could have used that space it's probably better this way. Any chance Brad would come up to help with the move?

Now anytime we need B we have to ask if MoM will let him come out and play laugh.gif

That's very cynical, Jon. It's already has gotten me somewhere. Granted, I don't feel any smarter, but it is amazing how much you are respected by the professional world when you have it.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that "No, Brad won't be down", but I've been known to be wrong.
redshift
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jun 22 2005, 05:41 PM)
- 1 racecar that was going to be the "914 Club rent-a-racer", idea being to make it available for clubmembers to rent per day to run AX ... (see attached pic)

WOW! How much for a day? It's beautiful!

M
SirAndy
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 22 2005, 06:40 PM)
WOW! How much for a day? It's beautiful!

it's going to be even nicer when done! almost as light as URYs car ...

$50 bucks for an AX day ...
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
TimT
Im wondering why while Im reading this..

why am I getting an impression that things are out of sorts..

It interesting, being a custodian of customers parts....then having friends pack them up and store them

strange thing are underfoot at the Circle-K
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (TimT @ Jun 22 2005, 06:26 PM)
Im wondering why while Im reading this..

why am I getting an impression that things are out of sorts..

Well, that impression could just be due to the fact that things are quite out-of-sorts...

I don't know what you call having your life torn down around your ears, moving 8 hours away, and trying to start over again, but I think "out of sorts" might be something of a start on the description.

I do hope that everyone gets all of their parts back.

Hmm... I wonder who needs the 75-76 air cleaner that's on my car, and where the 73-74 air cleaner actually is?

--DD
SirAndy
we're still trying to get a moving trunk for saturday, i'll know for sure tomorrow and let you all know ...

right now, it looks like we're ON for sat. ....
so, if you have time and feel like schlepping some 914 related parts, feel free to stop by ...
cool.gif Andy
nine14cats
Andy,

What time Saturday? I may be able to help load, but I can't make the trip to McMark's....

Thanks,

Bill P.
McMark
Probably start around 10 am or so. I'll have to pick up the truck in the morning and then trek down there.
SirAndy
QUOTE (McMark @ Jun 23 2005, 07:17 PM)
Probably start around 10 am or so. I'll have to pick up the truck in the morning and then trek down there.

yupp, 10am sounds like a good time to start ...

i'll bring coffee and donuts!
boldblue.gif Andy
bd1308
take some pics...lots peez
lapuwali
You guys just HAD to do this on Saturday, when I'm tied up, and not on Sunday, when I'm free...

I MAY be able to swing by Sat after noon, if there are going to be multiple trips, or the loading will take away. I'll bring the Squareback, which has a fair amount of room in it for parts boxes and the like...
EdwardBlume
Andy, any chance there's a set of rocker panels and valences with my name on it. They've been MIA for awhile.

Also, is any of Jenny's old car there?

THANKS!
McMark
We're going to do our best to organize and categorize the stuff in there. There are a lot of parts for projects and apparently a lot of local people's parts. From what I've seen of the shop and its contents, all I can say is don't hold out too much faith. We'll do what we can to get the parts back to their owners. Believe me, I don't want to store this stuff any longer than I have to.
dmenche914
Uhm: This doesn't sound too good, customer parts being moved scores of miles away, Brad not to be heard from. This is all Brad needs now, Ain't he in trouble for some car deal gone sour? Now he is several hundred miles away from his shop, dropped off the internet, and now folks are packing up and moving his stuff to store in another location. Some customer reports his stuff missing, stuff he left in Brads care. That's all he needs, a D.A. with a second complaint to use against him, D.A.'s can be pretty nasty, I know.

If we wants to do him a favor, every effort should be made to contact the owners of the parts, and get them back to them, or make new arrangements, as Brad ain't in the area anymore to do it himself. Doesn't that make the most sense?

By the way, He had a pair of seats he had borrowed from me some years ago, any chance of them being in there? Brad should remember, from my yellow car, just after he bought that silver slantnosed six 914. Andy, Mc Mark; please let me know. Does anyone have Brads contact info?

Thanks Dave
rhodyguy
people that have stored their items in the shop need to make arrangements to retrieve their items. my guess is there are a few apartment dwellers that used the redwood city location as convinient storage locker.

k
Lyressa Roberts
I understand everyone's concern about getting their stuff back, but let's not turn this into a free for all. Let Andy and Mark identify the parts so that someone does not end up with someone else's parts and then a war start. Trust me, I had some fiberglass valences that go to the body work on my car in that shop. I hope they're still there, but I haven't seen them in over a year (but then I haven't been to that shop in over a year either).

So, please, no one get their panties in a wad and please be patient...you've all done quiet well up to this point and I think that Andy and Mark are quite trustworthy.
Lyressa Roberts
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Jun 23 2005, 11:14 PM)
people that have stored their items in the shop need to make arrangements to retrieve their items. my guess is there are a few apartment dwellers that used the redwood city location as convinient storage locker.

k

I can agree with this, but my question is how many of you contributed to the rent every month?

BTW: I may be way out of line with some of you as you may have kicked in something, and if I am, I apologize; this is not directed at you.
914 novice
Andy,
How long do you think it will take to load all of it up?I know it will depend on how many people show up to help.I am working on saturdays so I always miss the lunches.I am on vacation this week so might consider coming to lend a hand to meet some of you.

p.s. I hope people appreciate what you and Mcmark are doing.As I see it its not really your responsability to make sure they get their parts back.If I really was worried about my parts I don't think I would leave it up to someone else to make sure I got it back. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Sorry, my post wasn't meant to bring up a debate... some small parts left my home in the back of Brad's truck and the rest is history. Clearly, this should not be a free for all. I'm just saying if its there I'll come by Sat and get it.

Kudos to Andy and McMark for doing it in the 1st place - you guys rock!
SirAndy
QUOTE (dmenche914 @ Jun 24 2005, 12:06 AM)
Doesn't that make the most sense?

no that doesn't make sense ...

we're MOVING the shop items from one location to another. we have done that 3 times in the past years.
no big deal.

ALL customer items have names on them and if they're in boxes, the boxes have names on them. nothing is going to be given away or sold, it's going to be MOVED.

i say it one more time, MOVED. get it?

also, who said that i haven't been talking to brad all along? in fact, i just got off the phone with him 5 minutes ago.
he is well aware of what is going on. he can't be here this weekend to help and mark and i can't do it next weekend.
no big deal.

if your seats are there, they'll have your name on it.

some people ...
unsure.gif Andy

McMark
agree.gif Thanks Andy.

It's either we move it or it all goes in the trash. Which is more appealing for those of you who have parts in there? rolleyes.gif

sheesh. A little faith is all we ask.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Rob Ways @ Jun 24 2005, 09:26 AM)
I'm just saying if its there I'll come by Sat and get it.

again, my point is simple ...

WHY ???

if it was in his shop for that long with your name on it and you didn't care why come by tomorrow and bother us trying to find your parts while we're busy loading up the truck?

if you needed your parts so badly, why didn't you get them earlier?
why do you care where they're stored all the sudden?

btw. the above is not just for rob but everyone else who all the sudden freakes out about location of his stored parts that he didn't care about for month/years ...
screwy.gif Andy
McMark
TOMORROW WILL BE FOR LOADING THE TRUCK ONLY!! No parts will be handed out at this time. If you're planning on stopping by to pick up your parts, DON'T! Everything is going to be too crazy. I will be all over the bay area in the coming months and will be able to deliver things or make arrangements to get parts to people.

I have a 20' truck for tomorrow. We're all set. It's a little smaller than I hoped, but it's all I could get. $65 for the day and $0.53 per mile.
Lyressa Roberts
Definite kudos to Andy and Mark...I'll be there to show a little (non) muscle myself. biggrin.gif Hope I don't break a fingernail... happy11.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.