Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb jetting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
Car is in heated storage 1,000 miles away. Need to order jetting components so when I get back home I can sort this out properly. Put on a new set of Webers just before leaving the car for winter. Ran but popped thru carb and the muffler at idle.

Carbs are Weber 40 IDFs with mains at 40, AC at 2.00, Idle jets at .55 and venturis at 28mm as delivered. Car is located on shore of Lake Erie at elevation of 640 ft.

Engine is new rebuilt 2L with 1K miles with L&N heads and a Webcam for carbs

Is there a jetting chart available ?? Anyone have any recommendations ??
porschetub
Check the CB Performance website,they have a "ballpark'' chart on that site,you will need to change vents and jets to take best advantage of your higher flowing heads and your camshaft,correctly done you have a strong engine.
First things first however make sure you have correct fuel pressure,quality fuel hose,FI clamps and a good fuel filter,also set up your crossbar linkage so you have even throttle opening and that you are getting full throttle.
Good luck.
Mark Henry
I do it with O2 wide band meter and a set of jet reams, tools and some quick dry touch up paint. I pick a nice day and go for a drive reading the meter, you need at least 20 minutes for the car to warm up. I stop pull the main jets ream the first one a little, then put a paint mark on the ream and do the rest. Drive and repeat as necessary, the paint will clean up enough to see the new mark.
Of course you can only get richer with this method.

But before you do that you have to sort the linkage, #1 reason for most tuning issues.
What are you using for linkage? Hex bar linkage sucks dogs balls.
tmessenger
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Mar 12 2019, 12:18 PM) *

Car is in heated storage 1,000 miles away. Need to order jetting components so when I get back home I can sort this out properly. Put on a new set of Webers just before leaving the car for winter. Ran but popped thru carb and the muffler at idle.

Carbs are Weber 40 IDFs with mains at 40, AC at 2.00, Idle jets at .55 and venturis at 28mm as delivered. Car is located on shore of Lake Erie at elevation of 640 ft.

Engine is new rebuilt 2L with 1K miles with L&N heads and a Webcam for carbs

Is there a jetting chart available ?? Anyone have any recommendations ??

Way lean if you have 40 mains I would recommend you start with 125 mains and 175 A/C and like Mark said you need a wideband Lambda gauge to know what's going on. 55 idle jets should be a good place to start.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Mar 12 2019, 02:26 PM) *

I do it with O2 wide band meter and a set of jet reams, tools and some quick dry touch up paint. I pick a nice day and go for a drive reading the meter, you need at least 20 minutes for the car to warm up. I stop pull the main jets ream the first one a little, then put a paint mark on the ream and do the rest. Drive and repeat as necessary, the paint will clean up enough to see the new mark.
Of course you can only get richer with this method.

But before you do that you have to sort the linkage, #1 reason for most tuning issues.
What are you using for linkage? Hex bar linkage sucks dogs balls.

Hex bar linkage is in use. Had 44 IDFs on it, sorted, except it ran way too rich. That's next on the list to sort out. Tangerine Racing item saving my $$ now for purchase

Where in the exhaust stream do you have O2 sensor. I have access to one but it would be a temporary set up and have to be set in the muffler outlet. It's a stock 2L muffler with single exhaust.
rhodyguy
Will 32mm Venturi fit 40s?
tmessenger
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 12 2019, 03:29 PM) *

Will 32mm Venturi fit 40s?

Yes 32's fit 40s I have 40s on my Fat 2056 with 32mm venturi.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.