Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haunted blinker control
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
I posted some of this on a WTB to find parts...... but here is the question: I have a 71 steering column original to my car and the blink blink blinker switch works on the down left position but does not return to unblink "off" position when the steering turn is straightened out. To get a right turn signal I can hold the lever barely "up" and the light blink but in the full up position, nothing..... and i inrevertantly mispelled the word beerly in the WTB ad so Larmo will no doubt be on my ass for that major transgression indicative of massive and pervasive ignorance..howweber,

What is the possible solution to this problem and how difficult is it from your experience to fix as I would like to repair this to fully operational condition.

Also, does anyone have the part or parts to effect the fix and is it a job that can be done without a wiring catastrophe? I will purchase on the WTB post.

cheers beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would remove the steering wheel and try to clean the contacts, replacement is a bear that you do not want to attack!!!

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Mar 12 2019, 02:56 PM) *

I posted some of this on a WTB to find parts...... but here is the question: I have a 71 steering column original to my car and the blink blink blinker switch works on the down left position but does not return to unblink "off" position when the steering turn is straightened out. To get a right turn signal I can hold the lever barely "up" and the light blink but in the full up position, nothing..... and i inrevertantly mispelled the word beerly in the WTB ad so Larmo will no doubt be on my ass for that major transgression indicative of massive and pervasive ignorance..howweber,

What is the possible solution to this problem and how difficult is it from your experience to fix as I would like to repair this to fully operational condition.

Also, does anyone have the part or parts to effect the fix and is it a job that can be done without a wiring catastrophe? I will purchase on the WTB post.

cheers beerchug.gif

forrestkhaag
Thanks for the advice and I have heard that this issue can be a path onto which no one wants to tread. beerchug.gif
76-914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Mar 12 2019, 04:03 PM) *

Thanks for the advice and I have heard that this issue can be a path onto which no one wants to tread. beerchug.gif

Forest, even you change out that turn signal assm. Might be easier to change out the assm than to direct it. I'd locate another, might be an arm and a leg. Mark Heard @914Sixer has been a good contact for me when looking fr these HTF items. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.