Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THOUGHTS ON FUCHS?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kerrys914
I have a chance to buy a set of 4 8x15 Fuchs Replicas, early offset, very nice condition, powder coated red centers with silver outer lips.

I will need to repaint the red center section (will not look to good with my color)

Price is $350 for wheels and center caps with no tires

IS THIS A GOOD PRICE?
seanery
I've seen real fuchs on ebay go for less.

The prices are all over the place. I would hold out for real fuchs.
fuch toy
Replicas are just that....fake. When you see them up close you will know why. 15s are also harder to find good performance tires nowadays. 8s on a 914 don't fit well w/o flares.....16x7s are the way to go. 100 a piece in most cases. 16x8s are a little higher. But I was able to fit a 245 on a 7 incher.....
Andyrew
I bought some nice looking 16x7's (after alot of work) polished fuch's from Brad for 300 with old tires and center caps.. The deals are out there.. you just have to find them!

Zois, My dad has a set of real fuchs, they are black faced unlike my polish faced, and I can not tell the difference in quality. I know my fakes will be heavyer and most likely a tad weaker, but for street driving, they are perfect.
fuch toy
Well...the fakes are not all made by the same company. Some did a better job than others. The main diff is that Fuchs are forged while fakes are most likely cast. Cast wheels like cement....just did a pour on my garage wall....can get bubbles that will be weak spots.

I have seen fake four lugger Fuchs polish up better than the real ones....matter of fact the VW crowd prefers them for that reason.
Kerrys914
Thanks guys smile.gif

I really don't need any wheels right now, I am just looking for a good deal on a set. One of these days I'll get a set. I have seen a lot of fuch sets go for $500+ and the $350 seemed like a deal, I guess I was wrong.

Again thanks for the heads up. beerchug.gif

Kerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.