Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual Dellorto DHLA 40 Carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
would these carbs be good for a type 4 2.0 build bigger crank and cam set up ,they are asking for 350.00 OBO,..Thanks
wes
I have 40 Dellorto’s on my 2056 and think they’re a perfect set up!
That’s I believe a good deal if you’re talking about $350 for both. I paid more and had them rebuilt.
johnhora
questions to ask...
what condition are they in...
do they need a rebuild...
are all parts there...etc
flmont
I dont know yet but I will ask them,..If they need rebuilt whwere is the ( Place ) to send them. Thanks Frank
flmont
Wes, Whats the largest displacement can you go with those carbs. ?? TIA,..Frank
GregAmy
DHLA or DRLA? DHLA are side drafts...

If we're talking Rs, then the biggest venturi for the 40 DRLA is 34mm.

However, CB Performance offers a kit to convert the DRLA to 36mm venturis and changing the design of the discharge tubes:

https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/7345.htm
yeahmag
You can get 36mm venturi's from folks other than CB.

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Dellorto-DRLA...-venturi-36.htm

I did have to trim about 1mm off of them for my carbs. Apparently there are quality control issues...
GregAmy
That's good to know.

I converted the 40s on my racer to the CB Performance kit and they may also have some quality issues. Primarily I don't think the discharge tube is properly seating. Contacted their technical support and they never got back to me so I stopped trying.

I ran it like that last Fall a couple of times and it seems to work fine, AFRs come in OK after re-jetting, but I'm getting some inconsistencies in smoothness and light backfiring on throttle off. Gonna have Chris Foley go through them and see what he thinks.
flmont
Thanks GregAmy,.. DRLA the pic shows ,this is also a build for general street use also,.??
yeahmag
The 40 DRLA will suit you just fine. Make sure you grab the CB Performance book on them and double check that the jets and floats are in the ballpark. I have TONS of parts for them, so let me know if you need anything.
SirAndy
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Mar 14 2019, 10:05 AM) *

36 seems too big for a 2.0L engine.

I went down to 32 venturis on my 2056 to get rid of a annoying off idle flat spot.
popcorn[1].gif
yeahmag
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 14 2019, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Mar 14 2019, 10:05 AM) *

36 seems too big for a 2.0L engine.

I went down to 32 venturis on my 2056 to get rid of a annoying off idle flat spot.
popcorn[1].gif

Mine is a unique case. I run the car above 7K RPM for autocross. I don't have any flat spots, but everything is tweaked to the 9's.
GregAmy
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Mar 14 2019, 01:28 PM) *
Mine is a unique case.

Mine too. Race only, cams/compression "warm" build by Foley.

The "Dellorto Bible" is a (poorly-edited) book, filled with excellent info about these carbs. I recall it recommends 34s, along with some baseline jetting/air correction info. Get a copy of it.

https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/0101.htm

Street car is all D-Jet, all the time...
rhodyguy
I found the Del book from CB lacking. Severely. Nothing at all like the Weber book.
rhodyguy
If you want to farm the carb work out, try Blackline Racing in Murray Utah.
flmont
Thanks Guys,..which Carbs are the better ones,...weber or dellor
tos
GregAmy
QUOTE(flmont @ Mar 14 2019, 06:14 PM) *

Thanks Guys,..which Carbs are the better ones,...weber or dellortos

Oh no you did-int!!
1adam12
Visit Eurocarb for your genuine Dellorto parts. Someoneo on the forum here suggested it and I've made a few purchases through them to rebuild my DRLA 40's. There in England but ship fast and cheap to the U.S. !!!!!
yeahmag
QUOTE(flmont @ Mar 14 2019, 03:14 PM) *

Thanks Guys,..which Carbs are the better ones,...weber or dellor
tos

I personally find Dellorto's superior in their design, ability to be tuned, and driveability.
MarkV
I bought all of my rebuild parts and vents from this guy:

https://www.ebay.com/str/ALFA1750S-CARBURET...=p2047675.l2563

He is in Italy but he ships pretty fast. He recommended 34mm vents for my 2056 which is what I am running. My carbs came with 28's and the 34's made a huge difference.
porschetub
QUOTE(MarkV @ Mar 16 2019, 08:28 AM) *

I bought all of my rebuild parts and vents from this guy:

https://www.ebay.com/str/ALFA1750S-CARBURET...=p2047675.l2563

He is in Italy but he ships pretty fast. He recommended 34mm vents for my 2056 which is what I am running. My carbs came with 28's and the 34's made a huge difference.

agree.gif ,cheaper than Eurocarb and huge selection,shipping is always cheap and quick even to my country,I've places about 6 orders now never had an issue.
flmont
LOL...Sorry GregAmy I just dont know carbs..but I do like these he wants 300.00 for the pair..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.