Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Chalon on Ebay right now....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
raynekat
Wow...

Will take a bit of work to get this back to factory correct, but there ya go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Porsche-911-G...GoAAOSwCy5civiQ
Mike Bellis
It would be a good deal for anyone that can do their own work. 4 new fenders, bumpers and a paint job and you might have equity left over.
mepstein
Many times a body kit was added after a car was damaged so you do have to be careful when purchasing.

Tony’s/crackers former restoration is a much better car for about the same amount.

It would help to title it correctly.
Porschef
El Hell Hole looks pretty good, a decent cleaning/detailing session would probably be money well spent dry.gif
Unobtanium-inc
If it's the original motor this probably isn't a bad deal. The car looks solid and fixing regular body work is pretty straight forward, as opposed to fixing rust repair which takes specific skills. You could also just drive it as-is and pass out barf bags at events.

The other plus with this car is it's running and driving, so you don't have to fight a two front battle, body and mechanicals. A lot of guys are good at one of these, not many are really good with both.
roblav1
Concur that the orange one listed here is a FAR better deal.
jd74914
This one looks really well executed IMO. I like stock better, but this one really isn't too bad.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(roblav1 @ Mar 15 2019, 06:03 AM) *

Concur that the orange one listed here is a FAR better deal.

The orange car is not matching numbers, it isn't a valid comparison.
EdwardBlume
Everywhere you take it, people ask YOU why YOU did it to a real /6. Not my idea of a good time.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
nothing that 30 thousand could not fix if everything else is good. Best with this one to make it an m471 car
Cairo94507
I agree with the Doc on this car- price and M471.
Mueller
Maybe my wife spiked my coffee this morning....I like that car just the way it is...well maybe fix the dents in the passenger side door.
Cairo94507
Look for an empty bottle of Amaretto somewhere......
tejon007
QUOTE(EdwardBlume @ Mar 15 2019, 06:11 AM) *

Everywhere you take it, people ask YOU why YOU did it to a real /6. Not my idea of a good time.

Actually, if you buy it with the partial Chalon kit already installed, YOU didn't do "it" to a real 914-6...the PO did.

Maybe the Chalon would become more appealing to you in time?

You know, I hear people say things like "it's not a real 6" when people change from a 4 to a 6. Who likes hearing that? So why not criticize owners who make that "upgrade"? Or that it's not a real Porsche for any 914 (although that criticism seems to be dying down).

How about adding GT flares? Or a 916 front "bumper"? Or putting an LS motor and all the watercooled parts in your 914-4? Those aren't original either, as well as many other modifications made by many many 914 owners over the years. How many of us in this community have bought a 914 that hasn't had any modifications?? Mitcon created the Chalon kit that appealed to some, not all.

I didn't used to like 911 targas either, but the style has become more appealing to me over the years. For me, I'd love to own a "real six"...but, I don't have $51,000 to invest in this one, not to mention whether I'd change it back to original for lots more $$$ and time...

Olympic 914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Mar 15 2019, 10:03 AM) *

This one looks really well executed IMO. I like stock better, but this one really isn't too bad.

agree.gif

For a Chalon kit this one looks good

Don't want it.

Don't think its worth 50K,

But I guess its worth whatever someone pays for it. at least to them..

DickSteinkamp
QUOTE(tejon007 @ Mar 15 2019, 10:08 AM) *

You know, I hear people say things like "it's not a real 6" when people change from a 4 to a 6. Who likes hearing that? So why not criticize owners who make that "upgrade"? Or that it's not a real Porsche for any 914 (although that criticism seems to be dying down).

How about adding GT flares? Or a 916 front "bumper"? Or putting an LS motor and all the watercooled parts in your 914-4? Those aren't original either, as well as many other modifications made by many many 914 owners over the years. How many of us in this community have bought a 914 that hasn't had any modifications??

agree.gif

In addition, the Chalon kit is a real part of 914 history. It's not for everybody...but neither is ANY 914 dry.gif

Lighten up. It's a hobby not a religion. beerchug.gif
ablesnead
THIS.........
tejon007
QUOTE(DickSteinkamp @ Mar 15 2019, 03:53 PM) *

QUOTE(tejon007 @ Mar 15 2019, 10:08 AM) *

How about adding GT flares? Or a 916 front "bumper"? Or putting an LS motor and all the watercooled parts in your 914-4? Those aren't original either, as well as many other modifications made by many many 914 owners over the years. How many of us in this community have bought a 914 that hasn't had any modifications??

agree.gif

In addition, the Chalon kit is a real part of 914 history. It's not for everybody...but neither is ANY 914 dry.gif

Lighten up. It's a hobby not a religion. beerchug.gif

I hear you... Although, it's not a hobby, it's an obsession smile.gif...
sixnotfour
I dont know ?? The smooth sail panels and the 911 mirrors, fatty tires..blue met. paint looks kinda sexy... and its a pretty nice survivor cond. SIX wub.gif
drive driving.gif and one day backdate sawzall-smiley.gif it to 1970 popcorn[1].gif
what 3 914-6"s, inc. Brutus didnt have the fenders replaced ?
make offer
jim_hoyland
Nice looking: added to VIN database...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I am sure that someone will buy it and just drive as is
Mayne
I remember seeing these conversion as a kid in the 70s and 80s and I liked them more then the look of a stock 911 targa. I still think they look pretty cool, but I much prefer stock or GT look. The conversion on this car might not be as debated if it was originally a four. The factory six is so rare and valuable, it just doesn’t seem right now (and it shouldn’t have seemed right back in the day). Just like all the early 911s that have update/slant nose conversions are being returned to more factory spec, I bet this one will eventually get there as well. Maybe people will start converting backdated impact bumper 911s to stock! That Singer would be a nice car if it was a stock 964... biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
then there is this 70k
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d...6812710957.html
SirAndy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 16 2019, 12:59 PM) *

Nice build but man those flares are ugly ...
icon8.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Mayne @ Mar 16 2019, 12:00 PM) *

I remember seeing these conversion as a kid in the 70s and 80s and I liked them more then the look of a stock 911 targa. I still think they look pretty cool, but I much prefer stock or GT look. The conversion on this car might not be as debated if it was originally a four. The factory six is so rare and valuable, it just doesn’t seem right now (and it shouldn’t have seemed right back in the day). Just like all the early 911s that have update/slant nose conversions are being returned to more factory spec, I bet this one will eventually get there as well. Maybe people will start converting backdated impact bumper 911s to stock! That Singer would be a nice car if it was a stock 964... biggrin.gif

Some were converted due to crash damage. That's also the case for many 914-4's with 916 front bumpers.
Rand
Sorry, but Chalon so so Chalame. Please let this stupid thing die.
sixnotfour
Sorry, but Chalon so so Chalame. Please let this stupid thing die.

just for you buddy.......... pro choice...... drunk.gif
campbellcj
Gotta say, that is one of the best-looking Chalons I have seen. I hope somebody has fun with it.
AZBanks
Looks great. I would drive the piss out of it as it is.
rhodyguy
The mirrors are sleek too. The blue car is swell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.