Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2019 - Sept 12-15 in Banner Elk, NC - REGISTRATION CLOSED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
914dave
Booked and registered. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
naro914
I put together a quick 2019 Promo Video last night to get everyone EXCITED!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h4RRJ9b_nc
JFJ914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 19 2019, 07:49 AM) *

I put together a quick 2019 Promo Video last night to get everyone EXCITED!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h4RRJ9b_nc

Great promo, Bob.

PS My check is in the mail!
db9146
QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 19 2019, 05:30 AM) *

Hey Dave, glad to see you’re driving down. Certainly not as far as Helen was and some great roads.

Dee
914dave
[quote name='db9146' date='Jul 19 2019, 10:29 AM' post='2731215']
[quote name='914dave' post='2731142' date='Jul 19 2019, 05:30 AM']
[/quote]

Hey Dave, glad to see you’re driving down. Certainly not as far as Helen was and some great roads.

Dee
[/quote
Dee
A couple hundred miles shorter. It will be a shorter drive home in the remnants of a hurricane this time! Haha. Wouldn’t miss it for anything. See you there!
Dave
914forme
Registered and room booked. Looking forward to this one, I really need a break
scottthephotog
Is everyone staying at the Best Western in Banner Elk? My wife and I have done air b&b in the past for trips. Are there a lot of events happening at the Best Western that it would be worth staying there or would an air b&b close by be fine?
naro914
QUOTE(scottthephotog @ Jul 22 2019, 02:20 PM) *

Is everyone staying at the Best Western in Banner Elk? My wife and I have done air b&b in the past for trips. Are there a lot of events happening at the Best Western that it would be worth staying there or would an air b&b close by be fine?

Best Western is the host hotel and where everything happens: registration, dinner/banquet, the door prize display of items, Friday drivers meeting and where the drive starts from, wash station for the cars...and just the general gatherings each day/night to hang out and lie about our cars... a big part of Okteenerfest is the comraderie of the people so just hanging with everyone each night IMO is one of the best parts...(and not worrying about drinking and driving)
scottthephotog
Got it. That's what I figured. We'll make reservations there then.
Mblizzard
A special thanks to Patrick of Kennedy RPM Flags.com for providing a sample of flags for the event.

https://www.kennedyrpmflags.com/product-p/por-914.htm
https://www.kennedyrpmflags.com/product-p/porsche-914-6.htm

I have a couple of these and they are great! Also if you are an attendee, PM me for a special deal on flags. No one else is making these flags and they are in high demand. Kennedy RPM Flags is making this special deal for attendees to show their support for the 914. So this is an additional bonus for attending!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
I am sure all of us know Tangerine Racing and Chris Foley. Every part Chris makes is top notch and that is the reason I have so many of his parts on my car.

As a prose this year, Chris will be providing one of his amazing engine lift plates, an Oil Pressure Relief Valve, and a $120 gift certificate for the event.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Also we will be featuring the installation of the oil pressure relief valve in a tech session. Chris is offering a 10% discount on the oil pressure relief valve for attendees.
BENBRO02
Booked and registered. I hope the car makes it there and back. There are now 119 people registered (keep them coming). driving.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif
mb911
Sent my donations today.. Enjoy everyone..
914forme
sad.gif was hoping to finally meet you Ben @MB911 beer.gif
mb911
QUOTE(914forme @ Jul 29 2019, 03:02 PM) *

sad.gif was hoping to finally meet you Ben @MB911 beer.gif

Sorry. I will be at the event in Twin lakes WI in a few week's.. I am much like you and just don't have much spare time. Notice how my own car is lingering with no updates.
914pipe
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Jul 29 2019, 10:21 AM) *

Booked and registered. I hope the car makes it there and back. There are now 119 people registered (keep them coming). driving.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif

Did you call to book or did it online? I tried online but says that is not available for those days?! confused24.gif

Anyway I live 35 miles from there....
naro914
QUOTE(914pipe @ Jul 30 2019, 12:18 AM) *

QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Jul 29 2019, 10:21 AM) *

Did you call to book or did it online? I tried online but says that is not available for those days?! confused24.gif

Anyway I live 35 miles from there....

You need to call 1) to get the special rate and 2) because our block takes up a majority of the hotel it won’t let people book online because the rooms are blocked off. There are still a few rooms left as of last week.
michael7810
I may be the first casualty of Okteenerfest. My wife has just been diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and will start radiation/chemo immediately and probably won't finish until early September...then surgery. Way too many unknowns for me to be away from her so I'm out. I have 2 rooms booked which I will cancel over the next couple days.
I understand if there are no refunds and if that's the case can someone mail my t-shirt?
I will, however, try to drive my car on 9/14.
Maybe next year.
Have fun and stay safe.

AND DON'T PUT OFF GETTING A COLONOSCOPY!!!
914dave
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jul 30 2019, 12:19 PM) *

I may be the first casualty of Okteenerfest. My wife has just been diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and will start radiation/chemo immediately and probably won't finish until early September...then surgery. Way too many unknowns for me to be away from her so I'm out. I have 2 rooms booked which I will cancel over the next couple days.
I understand if there are no refunds and if that's the case can someone mail my t-shirt?
Maybe next year.
Have fun and stay safe.

Mike
Sorry to hear. My best wishes for a good outcome. You will be missed.
Dave
Minerva's 914
Is there a list of activities online yet. I'm trying to time my departure and arrival times.

EXCITED to be able to attend this year after all these attempts in the past only to have the rug pulled from under me year after year.
naro914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jul 30 2019, 12:19 PM) *

Maybe next year.
Have fun and stay safe.

Oh no Michael! Nadine and I are very sorry to hear about your wife. Absolutely you need to stay there....right now she needs all the support you can provide.

We will obviously miss you but we will be thinking of you and your wife. Tell her to get well soon from all of us!

And absolutely your registration will be refunded. Did your friends ever register and sent money? If so, who are they so I can refund them too.

bahnzai
FYI- all, only 2 rooms left in the hotel block. Book now!
914dave
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Aug 1 2019, 06:40 AM) *

FYI- all, only 2 rooms left in the hotel block. Book now!

Dan
Didn’t see your name on the list yet. Will I be seeing you there?
Dave
naro914
There are a bunch of people that have hotel rooms and have NOT registered yet. PLEASE...do not book a room until after you registered. Reserving yourself a room under the block because you THINK you might come, then cancelling the room after the special rate date is pretty rude to those that genuinely need the room because they are actually coming.

This happened last year in Helen - people booked rooms, never registered, then cancelled the room after some people that couldnt get a room already decided not to come. And when those rooms opened up at the last minute, the rates were now MUCH higher than our negotiated rate was.

Again...PLEASE do not book a room unless you are definitely coming. (I understand last minute changes in plans and all that you need to cancel... but at least register and send payment if you're actually planning to be there).

naro914
BTW....126 people registered!!! only 4 away from last year!!
Mblizzard
OK so we have some great sponsors! Tarett is one of the best.

Anyone need a front Swaybar?

Click to view attachment

With the quality of Tarett it is hard to completely give away this $525 setup but Ira is offering one at a 30% discount. Also, swaybar installation will be one of the tech sessions this year!

So for those of you willing to buy the swaybar at a 30% discount, sign up for the tech session to have it installed while you are at Okteenerfest! Because of the limited time at the event the best option would be for a people that have a swaybar currently to sign up for install portion. But we won't limit peoples ability to sign up but if you don't currently have a swaybar installed you can still get the 30% off but the install will passed to someone else that committed to buying.

If you don't win the tech Session install, Ira has committed to offering discounts for anyone else that wants to make a purchase.

So talk to all of your friend and see if we can get enough people to buy so that you can get the following discounts

10% of for 1 to 5 kits sold
20% for for 5 or more kits

Oh and Ira will ship all of them to Okteenerfest so you wont have to pay shipping!

For full disclosure, I committed to Tarett to buy the tech session swaybar at the discount. I did this so if no one else commits to the 30% price, we will still have the tech session. If someone else will buy the swaybar, I will pay for one at the discount Tarett has offered.
914dave
Do we have an estimated car count yet???
poorsche914
QUOTE(914dave @ Aug 1 2019, 10:28 AM) *
Do we have an estimated car count yet???

At this point, 77 914s are registered.

51 will be driven aktion035.gif
19 will be trailered shades.gif
7 will be left at home sad.gif

Let's see how many actually make it happy11.gif

driving.gif
Betty
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jul 30 2019, 11:19 AM) *

Maybe next year.
Have fun and stay safe.

Absolutely you need to be there with/for her! We will miss you terribly, but we've got everything crossed that can be crossed and powerful good thoughts being beamed her and your ways! If there is anything we can do, please let us know?
michael7810
QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 1 2019, 05:36 AM) *

There are a bunch of people that have hotel rooms and have NOT registered yet. PLEASE...do not book a room until after you registered. Reserving yourself a room under the block because you THINK you might come, then cancelling the room after the special rate date is pretty rude to those that genuinely need the room because they are actually coming.

This happened last year in Helen - people booked rooms, never registered, then cancelled the room after some people that couldnt get a room already decided not to come. And when those rooms opened up at the last minute, the rates were now MUCH higher than our negotiated rate was.

Again...PLEASE do not book a room unless you are definitely coming. (I understand last minute changes in plans and all that you need to cancel... but at least register and send payment if you're actually planning to be there).

I just canceled 2 rooms
Dr Evil
Hmmm, maybe I should come out of hiding for this one? idea.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 2 2019, 07:36 AM) *

I will buy you beer! You could also maybe give a talk on transmissions?

Did you get my email?
rfinegan

Bring a few CD with you, I'm sure you can sell some. I am good for 1 CD purchase

-Robert
bahnzai
@914dave
Hello Dave, yes I am coming, and I can't wait to see your awesome car again.

Bob, sorry for registering for the hotel, ahead the event registration. I thought the hotel block expired before the event registration, but I could not find those dates on the website or in this thread, I must have missed them. (Edit- Block of rooms are released Aug 12th, it is in the Okteenerfest email)

Either way, registered for both, and check is in the mail.
Thanks to all for coordinating!
Mblizzard
Ron Thomas and Tucker at AASE Sales are some fantastic supporters of the 914 and all classic and modern Porsches. I have called them with some of the strangest requests for parts and they have always come through.

Click to view attachment

They also come through in showing their support for Okteenerfest. Last year their prize packages were the most sought-after prizes for the event. This year will be no different!

Bag #1:
-AASE Notepad & 2 Pens
-‘PORSCHE’ shop towel
-‘PORSCHE’ car sponge set
-Small bottle of speed-shine
-Extra soft microfiber show-car cloth
-Two each different, cool decorative-stylized crests
-One each different, cool key fob
-$100.00 gift-card to AASE

Bag #2:
-AASE Notepad & 2 Pens
-‘PORSCHE’ shop towel
-$50.00 gift-card to AASE

Bag #3:
-AASE Notepad & 2 Pens
-‘PORSCHE’ shop towel
-$25.00 gift-card to AASE
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 1 2019, 05:37 AM) *

OK so we have some great sponsors! Tarett is one of the best.

Anyone need a front Swaybar?

Click to view attachment

Was just by chance looking over the install instructions. I love detailed diagrams because if someone puts this much effort into installation instructions, you know the parts are going to be top notch!

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
You all know Vintage LED provides quality lighting solutions for many vintage cars. This year they are introducing a smaller more compact solution to converting the 914 to modern LED technology.
Click to view attachment

We all do performance modifications to our cars but this in one that will pay back many times in increased safety and visibility.

Not only is Matt and Vintage LED providing a set for the prize drawing, they are sending another set for the tech session where they will be personally attending to answer all of your questions! PM me to get entered to have the LED headlights installed in your car. There will also be some additional goodies for the lucky winner.

As if that is not amazing enough, they are also providing a 15% discount on purchases as an Okteenerfest special. It will be hard to match this discount so if you are considering going to LEDs go to Vintage LED and use code OKTEENERFEST15 to get a 15% discount.

Even if you are coming to the event and entering to win the tech session, go to Vintage LED and buy. If you win, I am sure there will be multiple people who will be glad to take them off your hands.

This is an amazing show of support for the 914. Thanks Matt!
Mblizzard
I think we all know Ben of 914-6 WerkShop makes great products and does some amazing stuff. Anyone doing a six conversion or has missing engine sheet metal 914-6 WerkShop has you covered.

Click to view attachment

If you coming to Okteenerfest it gets even better. Ben is sending a complete set of 6 engine sheet metal for some lucky attendee!

Click to view attachment

He is also sending some discount cards and while not quite ready for the website, Ben is also expanding out to make 914 mufflers! They are similar to the OEM 911 mufflers internally, so they flow nicely.

They retail for $850 but for Okteenerfest attendees and 914 world members he is offering a considerably discounted price of $700 plus shipping. We are working with Ben to get some photos and will get them up as soon as we can!
Mblizzard
A usual Restoration Design is helping out!

Click to view attachment

Peter is going to be providing samples of their new alternator harness and engine regulator harness for demonstration and possible installation. He is also planning some other goodies that we don't know the details on yet.

But he is also going to continue the Front Trunk Spring Discount he provided last year. The 20% discount on the springs brings the price of a set to $49.60!

Click to view attachment

PM me for payment details and specify early or late. I will bring the spring to Okteenerfest for everyone that makes the purchase.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 2 2019, 11:55 AM) *

I will buy you beer! You could also maybe give a talk on transmissions?

Did you get my email?

Got email and replied recently.

Discusses with wife, we are down. Gotta secure dog sitter.

I would be glad to discuss transmissions and q/a session. Maybe bing some pieces for examples.

I can bring DVD sets, I still sell direct all over the world smile.gif
porsche914rick
Booked the hotel today, we'll be there!
Dr Evil
Alright, leave submitted, registered. However, hotel is bookedup, full, I went on waiting list. What is alternative lodging? Also, MBlizzard, you havent responded to my email, man.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 5 2019, 12:10 PM) *

Alright, leave submitted, registered. However, hotel is bookedup, full, I went on waiting list. What is alternative lodging? Also, MBlizzard, you havent responded to my email, man.

Sorry was on a three day drunk! I wish. Will respond shortly.
Mblizzard
Well as you might have guessed the good Dr. Evil is going to provide free labor on a trans build.

Click to view attachment

Mine has been flawless after the rebuild!
Mblizzard
Wow this is really cool. Doug Leehr is providing some really awesome set of aluminum rocker panels.

Click to view attachment

These are made out of 1/16” aluminum and weigh a fraction of a steel set but have much better corrosion resistance. While they will come with mounting hardware, winner will have to paint to their preference.

Rumor has it he will have a few sets to sell at the event as well.

He is also sending a kit to block off the front bumper shock holes for those that backdate bumpers. It will have both plates, gaskets, and mounting hardware.

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jul 23 2019, 05:44 AM) *

A special thanks to Patrick of Kennedy RPM Flags.com for providing a sample of flags for the event.

https://www.kennedyrpmflags.com/product-p/por-914.htm
https://www.kennedyrpmflags.com/product-p/porsche-914-6.htm

I have a couple of these and they are great! Also if you are an attendee, PM me for a special deal on flags. No one else is making these flags and they are in high demand. Kennedy RPM Flags is making this special deal for attendees to show their support for the 914. So this is an additional bonus for attending!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

All a few people have taken advantage of this but I just wanted to point out that the special price we are getting is $15. You cant beat that!

If you want to get in on this let me know by Friday August 9th.
North Coast Jim
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 5 2019, 04:10 PM) *

Good to see the Good Doctor has found his senses. We have a trailering group leaving North West Ohio on Wed morning. Looks like were going thru Columbus noonish taking 23 south. Want to join us ??
Mblizzard
Also the Good Dr. Evil will be hosting a Tech session to explain how to rebuild the 901 transmission in under 1-hour and for zero dollars!

Well not really, but he will be making a presentation and having a transmission Q&A session right before the Awards dinner.

Click to view attachment

Dr Evil
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ Aug 7 2019, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 5 2019, 04:10 PM) *

Good to see the Good Doctor has found his senses. We have a trailering group leaving North West Ohio on Wed morning. Looks like were going thru Columbus noonish taking 23 south. Want to join us ??

No can do, man. Can’t leave until Fri morning.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 7 2019, 04:26 PM) *

Also the Good Dr. Evil will be hosting a Tech session to explain how to rebuild the 901 transmission in under 1-hour and for zero dollars!

Well not really, but he will be making a presentation and having a transmission Q&A session right before the Awards dinner.

Click to view attachment

What do people want covered? It looks like I have an hour to kill? Can bring pics, some parts and displays, answer questions on failure points, why/where, theory of operation, etc. If I get some feed back from yall, I can better plan/pack/use time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.