Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2019 - Sept 12-15 in Banner Elk, NC - REGISTRATION CLOSED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
naro914
QUOTE(Betty @ Aug 31 2019, 08:25 AM) *

I would like to propose a HUGE ceremonial box of Band-Aids be given at the Saturday awards banquet to:
"The Person With The Most Injuries To Their Body, Received As A Result Of Thrashing Their Car Until The Very Last Minute Trying To Get It To Okteenerfest 2019".

(The thoughts that come to you, standing in the pharmacy, in the aisle with all of the First Aid stuff, holding a big ol' box of Band-Aids, thinking to yourself "maybe I should get two?")

I'll even supply the box of 'Ceremonial Band-Aids' to be given away... we seem to have more than one of them. biggrin.gif

Hmmm....me thinks this is fixed with a pre determined winner? lol-2.gif av-943.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 31 2019, 07:41 AM) *

I would like to propose a HUGE ceremonial box of Band-Aids be given at the Saturday awards banquet to:
"The Person With The Most Injuries To Their Body, Received As A Result Of Thrashing Their Car Until The Very Last Minute Trying To Get It To Okteenerfest 2019".

(The thoughts that come to you, standing in the pharmacy, in the aisle with all of the First Aid stuff, holding a big ol' box of Band-Aids, thinking to yourself "maybe I should get two?")

I'll even supply the box of 'Ceremonial Band-Aids' to be given away... we seem to have more than one of them. biggrin.gif

Hmmm....me thinks this is fixed with a pre determined winner? lol-2.gif av-943.gif

There's precedent for that... For example, Clay was going home with the Shaft last year no matter how much I had to lie embellish. w00t.gif
cashiersjm
Click to view attachment Well if Betty is bringing the band aids, I'll bring the disinfectant
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Rusty @ Aug 31 2019, 09:11 AM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 31 2019, 07:41 AM) *

There's precedent for that... For example, Clay was going home with the Shaft last year no matter how much I had to lie embellish. w00t.gif

Hey Rusty! finger.gif

It's not a good job until you bleed on it and cuss at it. So this is a REALLY good job!!
Betty
QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 31 2019, 08:41 AM) *

You want to talk about fixed?! Clay was saying the other day there should be an award at Okteenerfest for the 914 with the most spark plugs (his new engine is a twin plug with a grand total of 12). I just told him to quit trying to think of pity awards he could win and get back to working on the freaking car! biggrin.gif
naro914
QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 1 2019, 12:00 AM) *

QUOTE(naro914 @ Aug 31 2019, 08:41 AM) *

You want to talk about fixed?! Clay was saying the other day there should be an award at Okteenerfest for the 914 with the most spark plugs (his new engine is a twin plug with a grand total of 12). I just told him to quit trying to think of pity awards he could win and get back to working on the freaking car! biggrin.gif

What a sorry “little” man he is... lol-2.gif
Betty
QUOTE(cashiersjm @ Aug 31 2019, 09:56 PM) *

Click to view attachment Well if Betty is bringing the band aids, I'll bring the disinfectant

Now... THAT is what I call some proper disinfectant! happy11.gif first.gif aktion035.gif
stevend914
driving.gif Getting an early start...heading out the door...Vermont, then North Carolina. driving.gif
914dave
10 days. I guess I’d better get this back n the hole. Mike Blizzard how are your engine adventures going. Haven’t needed any band aids. Didn’t have enough time to twin plug the motor for the “Spark” award. Hahaha

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 2 2019, 12:24 AM) *

Now... THAT is what I call some proper disinfectant! happy11.gif first.gif aktion035.gif

Whoever brought this last year please note**
I would gladly compensate you for a bottle or two of the 914 Bourbon!!
Please Lmk if you are coming and can bring extra!
914dave
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 2 2019, 12:35 PM) *

I tried to purchase this year. Pennsylvania must have changed their import policies on hooch. I can’t bringnit this year.
cashiersjm

I currently have 2 bottles, I'll reserve one for you, the other can be "open" for discussion beer3.gif
RichPugh
Well... I'm sure that the 914 isn't making it (currently at Translog getting the engine compartment painted, etc.) and the 993 is stuck in the shop having an AC repair completed and was getting an alignment before the 15+ hour drive (round trip to/from Baltimore/Banner Elk) but needs some rear upper control arms so I doubt it'll be ready by next Wednesday to drive down... so, looks like I'll just be driving down the daily driver (2014 VW Tiguan R-Line). Anyone need anything? Air Compressor? Floor jack? Air tank? I'll have plenty of room to haul crap down now... LOL. Still excited about coming... just wont have a Porsche with me this year.

In the meantime, here's some pics of what I wont be bringing... haha

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Mblizzard
Getting close!

Hope it starts!

Click to view attachment
Bates
Yea, I 'm a little late making reservations,

Which of the local hotels is the best choice ?
It seems like comparing 914s to 911s!!

I've never been to that area no idea of 'lay of the land'.
Any help appreciated.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(cashiersjm @ Sep 2 2019, 09:51 PM) *

I currently have 2 bottles, I'll reserve one for you, the other can be "open" for discussion beer3.gif

aktion035.gif beer3.gif beer.gif
Awesome! I looked on line and they do ship it but not to SC apparently .
Maybe there is something you can’t get normally get I could “trade” or repay you with?
I have some Eagle Rare 10 year, one Blanton’s .
Cheers!
bahnzai
QUOTE(Ecke Liebhaber @ Sep 3 2019, 07:48 AM) *

Any help appreciated.

Ecke,
FYI a couple of pages back, Malcolm2 recommended the smoketree motel.
You might reach out to him or the folks at that motel for more feedback.
malcolm2
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Sep 3 2019, 07:44 AM) *

Any help appreciated.

Ecke,

Yep Smoke Tree is a few miles down the road from Best Western. $80-ish IIRC
Bates
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Sep 3 2019, 08:44 AM) *

Any help appreciated.

Ecke,

Thanks, Ill check it out.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(914dave @ Sep 2 2019, 06:18 AM) *

10 days. I guess I’d better get this back n the hole. Mike Blizzard how are your engine adventures going. Haven’t needed any band aids. Didn’t have enough time to twin plug the motor for the “Spark” award. Hahaha

Getting there but might be able to give Clay a run on the band-aids.

Click to view attachment

Looks much better now!

Going to run through a check list tonight. need to pull teh trans and check flywheel play. Was tired when completed it so I just want to be sure.
DRPHIL914
One “new” item that may get into the garage before next week is my original back pad was recently recovered by a local auto interior guy. Foam is in great shape, and a month ago just a day before my heart attack episode I removed the old vinyl, with intention of recovering it myself but with having to move etc I didn’t think it would get done, so many thanks to my friend Jim that knew this guy and took it all over to get done! Now
I just need to locate an OEM back pad light !

Mike , looks like you are going to make it! Praying for it to fire up and run on with out complication.

Jamie
QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 1 2019, 08:24 PM) *

Hey, that stuff is distilled in NuYak according to the label, so it can't be called bourbon because it's not made in Kentucky! It's just common ol' whisky! bootyshake.gif
914dave
You’re getting close Mike! Damn the band aids, full speed ahead. Hahaha
Garland
914 / Believe it or not “WineOLand” WineOLand will ship to Michigan. I found no other seller that will ship outside the NewYork Area .
Use key word 914 in search box.
Bates
QUOTE(Ecke Liebhaber @ Sep 3 2019, 03:19 PM) *

QUOTE(bahnzai @ Sep 3 2019, 08:44 AM) *

Any help appreciated.

Ecke,

Thanks, Ill check it out.

Smoke Tree it is, Thanks for the info.
Looking forward to seeing 914s and assorted enthusiasts!
Cheers
Bates
lvnzdrm
New FI harness in, tires all balanced, need to give the car a good bath and figure out packing with the wife coming. Leaving Wednesday out of VA and heading to Mountain City TN to stay at her brothers. Meeting a few guys there noonish on Thursday, then will head to Banner Elk after checking out some of the local roads. See you guys soon.
naro914
Registration packets are “stuffed”....

Click to view attachment
Mblizzard
So close!

Click to view attachment
914dave
It’s national Stay home and get your teener running for Okteenerfest day! Spread the word. ONE WEEK PEOPLE!!!!!

Click to view attachment
Garland
“It’s national Stay home and get your teener running for Okteenerfest day!”

Finishing up a little modification I never finished on the underside of the hood before Okteenerfest.

Click to view attachment
Olympic 914
Little time with the sewing machine and I whipped up some protectors for the tie down straps going through the wheels.

When I picked up the Cayman last year I had to trailer it home and I had cut up a old blanket in to pieces to wrap around the straps so they wouldn't rub the finish on the wheels. It worked, but looked kind of shitty with the loose ends flapping in the wind.

so this morning I dug out the pieces and sewed them into tubes. Then I can slide them over the tie down straps where they hit the wheels.

Yeah I am trailering down.

Since the car doesn't need the engine pulled out or anything like that.....
All it will need is a bath before we go and I am ready.

See you then.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Sep 5 2019, 08:19 AM) *

Little time with the sewing machine and I whipped up some protectors for the tie down straps going through the wheels.

When I picked up the Cayman last year I had to trailer it home and I had cut up a old blanket in to pieces to wrap around the straps so they wouldn't rub the finish on the wheels. It worked, but looked kind of shitty with the loose ends flapping in the wind.

so this morning I dug out the pieces and sewed them into tubes. Then I can slide them over the tie down straps where they hit the wheels.

Yeah I am trailering down.

Since the car doesn't need the engine pulled out or anything like that.....
All it will need is a bath before we go and I am ready.

See you then.

Great idea to protect rims.
I use OLD SOCKS when hauling cars on my P Hauler. beerchug.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment

malcolm2
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 5 2019, 07:15 AM) *

Dude you need a tag from 1970-whatever.
malcolm2
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 5 2019, 07:15 AM) *

Dude you need a tag from 1970-whatever.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Sep 5 2019, 08:28 AM) *

always thought of doing that but have not accomplished it yet!
poorsche914
Here's my tag I found at a VW show. piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 5 2019, 11:33 AM) *

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

PERFECT !

malcolm2
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 5 2019, 11:33 AM) *

always thought of doing that but have not accomplished it yet!

Well there you go. 2 links about $20. I guess you will have to re-register, but just once and never again.

Here in middle TN they have a few more years of emissions testing. That is why I went Antique with my 86 VW. But I was always worried that I would get pulled over. They say, if you get a ticket, driving on a weekday, you could have to pay ever year's registration fee since you got the tag.... confused24.gif

Another benefit of going with a 70s tag is most cops don't know it is antique. With yours, it is right there in front of them. Now get off the PC and start breaking in that new engine! first.gif first.gif
Bates
Parts available at Okteenerfest:

PM me if you want any of these;

I will only be bringing items that are pre-sold or spoken for prior to 9/12.

Items are listed in Parts For sale section with photos.

Sail Panel steel repair panels - both sides; $200.00

Engine side lower crossmember repair panel ; $200.00

Door Jamb Repair panels - both sides ; $200.00

Wet Okole seat covers Bright Yellow Brand New! in bag; $150.00

Used Stainless Headers Good condition; $175.00

Okteenerfest delivery available.
I will only bring parts that are presold or spoken for.[i]
Garland
Hoods done, now just cleaning up the car for the long drive.

Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
I am bringing a couple boxes of new and used extra parts from when I finished off my car last year, but I have a few larger parts that I am selling , but would like to know if there is interest before hauling them with-
1. Restoration Design steel outer rocker panels
2. Good condition RS style door panels with fiberglass cores
3. WAS top -
4. Black carpet and floor mats - nice perlon, was in car for one year.
- more to come-
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 5 2019, 01:32 PM) *

2. Good condition rear door panels with fiberglass cores

REAR door panels? Maybe they can use them on the Limo...... av-943.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 5 2019, 04:06 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 5 2019, 01:32 PM) *

2. Good condition rear door panels with fiberglass cores

REAR door panels? Maybe they can use them on the Limo...... av-943.gif

Oops- auto correct at it again! I typed RS style- didnt notice the change- now corrected
Bates
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ Sep 5 2019, 11:19 AM) *

Good idea to make wheel protectors.

I regularly tie down my wire wheeled Morgan by the rims...
Thanks for the great idea. I'll be making some 'Rim Tubes' for use on cars that will allow.
Moving Blankets from Harbor Freight about to be re purposed.
914dave
National stay home and get your 914 running for Okteenerfest day was a success! Cars running no issues. Clean her up and a shake down cruise this weekend. See you in a week!
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 5 2019, 12:33 PM) *

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

eBay, 1973 vintage plate

Click to view attachment

Only wish my initials were EJB
malcolm2
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Sep 5 2019, 06:24 PM) *

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 5 2019, 12:33 PM) *

Click to view attachment

driving.gif

eBay, 1973 vintage plate

Click to view attachment

Only wish my initials were EJB

Also perfect.
Dr Evil
30 DVD sets burned so far. Need to order more blanks and cases.
914forme
RS Door Panels, we can talk about them.

I can bring down a few items with me that are high shipping charges also.

2.7L 911 Engine all torn apart - it is missing an oil cooler
2.7L Mahle Pistons and Jugs
Set of 914-6 Steelies
914-6 GT rear brakes
914-6 Oil Tank has pun holes
914-6 Heat exchangers Pin worms, and flange issues
Early 911 Muffler - fits the 914-6
Quaiffe Torque Bias Limited Slip Diff

Let me know, I will put them in the SUV and bring them down
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.