Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2019 - Sept 12-15 in Banner Elk, NC - REGISTRATION CLOSED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
poorsche914
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
IPB Image

>>>REGISTER HERE<<<

driving.gif
ClayPerrine
Betty and I just registered.

Betty will be driving Frody (400K mile Orange car)

I am planning on Igor (4.0 L) being there.

Poor Elwood has to stay home. :-(

driving-girl.gif driving.gif
GaroldShaffer
Registered! aktion035.gif The boss and I will be there. Trailering the 914 from Indiana
stevend914
Registered, check in the mail
michael7810
Registered and check is in the mail
cashiersjm
Registered & now I have to put the car back together. w00t.gif
dlee6204
Registered. driving.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ May 6 2019, 03:35 PM) *

Registered. driving.gif

I'm registered, and if any of you Yankee 914 folks from way up north are coming through KY and need assistance before I leave on Thursday morning, I may be able to be of help. beerchug.gif
scottthephotog
Just registered. Planning on driving the 1.7L out there. Super excited!
914four
Registered!
rfinegan
Darn, i messed up my registration..is there a phone number to contact to fix this my email address?

-Robert
RichPugh
Since I assume my 914 project isn't going to be on the road by this event, is driving my 993 down frowned upon? Will I have to keep it tucked away out of sight? LOL

I could just fly down and grab a rental car… but its only 7 hours from my house so I kinda wanted to drive the 993.

-Rich
mepstein
QUOTE(RichPugh @ May 11 2019, 12:08 AM) *

Since I assume my 914 project isn't going to be on the road by this event, is driving my 993 down frowned upon? Will I have to keep it tucked away out of sight? LOL

I could just fly down and grab a rental car… but its only 7 hours from my house so I kinda wanted to drive the 993.

-Rich

I would. Great group of people and great event. Even without a 914.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(rfinegan @ May 10 2019, 06:53 PM) *

Darn, i messed up my registration..is there a phone number to contact to fix this my email address?

-Robert

PM Bob Saville (naro914) He can get it corrected.

JFJ914

-Rich

Why not, I've been known to bring a Cayenne.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(JFJ914 @ May 11 2019, 11:40 AM) *

-Rich

Drive the 993! Heck Bill brought his Ferrari one year and even Bob drove his 911 one year!
DRPHIL914
Finally took care of my reservation and registration today!!
RichPugh
I would. Great group of people and great event. Even without a 914.

Drive the 993! Heck Bill brought his Ferrari one year and even Bob drove his 911 one year!

Thanks. I'll consider it seriously now. I'm gonna be there for sure... Registered #31 and check is in the mail!... I'm just not sure if I'm driving the 993 or flying into Charlotte and renting a car... OR if the 914 is by chance driving by then. Hopefully if I don't have my own 914 with me, someone takes me under their wing and has a spare passenger seat spot for Friday's driving tour smile.gif

-Rich
Betty
Bring it - you would regret driving a rental. We love all cars! driving.gif cheer.gif

I can't be an elitist, I drive a 914!
~Rusty
RichPugh

Bring it - you would regret driving a rental. We love all cars! driving.gif cheer.gif

I can't be an elitist, I drive a 914!
~Rusty

Thank you smile.gif Now I'm contemplating hurrying the 3.0 /6 swap to drive her down, LOL. I booked my room and mailed my check so, one car or another, I'll be there. It's only about 7 hours from me. I'll make an enjoyable drive out of it driving.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(RichPugh @ May 10 2019, 08:08 PM) *

-Rich

We might have to place you at the back of the line of 914's when we start the drive!
billh1963
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 11 2019, 01:12 PM) *

Finally took care of my reservation and registration today!!

Getting ready to book my room now. Haven't been in a couple years. This time I'll have a running car and won't have to worry about hurricanes! dry.gif
RichPugh
We might have to place you at the back of the line of 914's when we start the drive!

LOL, I'll gladly take it! Thanks. Hell, who knows, I might actually hustle and get this damn swap finished by then!
JFJ914
Registered!
stephenaki
I'm there! I'll bring the truck and tool crib again this year. I have a trailer this time so I may bring a few extra items just in case! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
naro914
Hi all
Just bumping this up...we've been VERY busy the past few weeks/months with our business so if you sent in payment and haven't heard anything - we have NOT cashed checks yet - I'm catching up a bit today...then loading up the trailer to head to Roebling Road for a PCA event (not driving, only as a vendor).
db9146
Rich,

I really like the color combo on your car.....looks nice!!

Click to view attachment
RichPugh
QUOTE(db9146 @ May 30 2019, 05:15 PM) *

Rich,

I really like the color combo on your car.....looks nice!!

Click to view attachment

Thanks, Sir!
naro914
I have not had a chance to put together a promo for this year yet...but thought I would post up a few links to past promo videos we've done for those that are first timers.

I will get one up for this year I promise!!

Promo for 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dh_n-AlDDQ

Promo for 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiQUREOo4VU

2016 recap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJwmiiAnBN8

These were the ones we previously did in Banner Elk, like this year.
Olympic 914
Registered and Hotel reserved.

Will probably trailer down, I'm sure the car would make the drive, but without AC my GF would be less than happy.

See you all there. beerchug.gif
Olympic 914
Registered and Hotel reserved.

Will probably trailer down, I'm sure the car would make the drive, but without AC my GF would be less than happy.

See you all there. beerchug.gif
cdn914
Any Canadians going?
jdamiano
All registered and booked. Counting down the days.
ClayPerrine
Betty insisted I post this, and it gives a free icon_bump.gif to the thread.

Last night I had a dream. No, not the one from last Okteenerfest with Bob and Bill in Lederhosen and tu-tus. This is completely different.

I was trying to get the 914s out of the garage so we could leave for Okteenerfest. But my garage had grown until it was huge! And I couldn't get to the 914s because I was trying to get all the camels out of the way. They just kept walking around saying "Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike" like the camel in the Geico hump day commercial. I just couldn't get through them all to get to the cars! screwy.gif

Yea, I know I have an overactive, weird imagination that creeps into my dreams. But at least my dreams are entertaining. Betty's all time favorite is the one about the old, toothless shark attacking me and gumming my legs. I woke up with the blanket wrapped around my legs. av-943.gif

And the first person to come up to me and say "Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike" is gonna get it!!!!
naro914

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jun 24 2019, 09:51 PM) *

The first person to come up to me AT THE EVENT!!!! (Smart@ss!)

Click to view attachment
naro914

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKtglUBVG8g
lvnzdrm
Rode the bike Banner Elk, reserved our room. Registration will go out next week. Some amazing roads and views.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jun 25 2019, 03:35 PM) *

Mike Blizzard is gonna end up hating that before the end of the event.
poorsche914
Some Okteenerfest 2019 trivia (and a bump!)

WHERE ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE COMING FROM?*
2 Alabama
1 Arizona
4 Florida
11 Georgia
1 Indiana
1 Kentucky
2 Maryland
1 Michigan
1 Missouri
11 North Carolina
4 Ohio
2 Pennsylvania
6 South Carolina
5 Tennessee
5 Texas
1 Virginia

DRIVING or TRAILERING or LEAVING AT HOME?*
2 914s aren't ready for a long trip
4 914s are a work in progress
37 914s will be driven to Okteenerfest
15 914s will be trailered
So far... 52 914s will be at the event!

ATTENDED OKTEENERFEST BEFORE?*
18 First time attendees
10 have attended Okteenerfest once before
5 have attended Okteenerfest twice before
4 have attended Okteenerfest three times before
7 have attended Okteenerfest four times before
4 have attended Okteenerfest five times before
10 have attended All Six Okteenerfests

* count is for 914s. The actual number of people attending is roughly 65-70% higher. There are currently 97 people registered aktion035.gif

What are you waiting for? REGISTER TODAY! type.gif

driving.gif
jfort
Can’t wait!
Minerva's 914
Just called and reserved a room, check's in the mail tomorrow!

Minerva and I will see everyone in September.

Brady
poorsche914
As always, Okteenerfest appreciates the support from businesses and the people behind them who support the Porsche 914. Below are the businesses directly supporting Okteenerfest with cash and goodies.

NaroEscape Motorsports
Stoddard
914 Rubber
Driven Racing Oil
Dakota Digital
StuttgartDNA
Vintage Car LED
Tangerine Racing Products

...and we're just getting started beerchug.gif

driving.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 10 2019, 08:12 AM) *

As always, Okteenerfest appreciates the support from businesses and the people behind them who support the Porsche 914. Below are the businesses directly supporting Okteenerfest with cash and goodies.

NaroEscape Motorsports
Stoddard
914 Rubber
Driven Racing Oil
Dakota Digital
StuttgartDNA
Vintage Car LED
Tangerine Racing Products

...and we're just getting started beerchug.gif

driving.gif

And I have supported most of those listed above. beerchug.gif
Olympic 914
DP
naro914
I wanted to throw this out there to all that are planning to trailer your car...
An email will be sent out prior to the event with details, but we have VERY limited trailer parking. If you trailered to Banner Elk before, you know we have to use the grassy area behind the parking lot. This year...hopefully...we will be a bit more organized about it and have people access the area via the side road and not through the parking lot. We will once again have 914 parking only in the back and side lots.

According to registrations, we have over 15 trailers we have to figure out SO FAR. We'll make it work, but just be prepared that you may not have an 'optimum' trailer parking spot and things may get a little tight.... so if you can... PLEASE drive instead of trailering.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Jul 11 2019, 05:21 PM) *

I wanted to throw this out there to all that are planning to trailer your car...
An email will be sent out prior to the event with details, but we have VERY limited trailer parking. If you trailered to Banner Elk before, you know we have to use the grassy area behind the parking lot. This year...hopefully...we will be a bit more organized about it and have people access the area via the side road and not through the parking lot. We will once again have 914 parking only in the back and side lots.

According to registrations, we have over 15 trailers we have to figure out SO FAR. We'll make it work, but just be prepared that you may not have an 'optimum' trailer parking spot and things may get a little tight.... so if you can... PLEASE drive instead of trailering.

i was considering trailering like last year but, its such a great drive from Charlotte to Banner Elk, but too hot from there to here in SC so I am considering taking it up early and leaving it at my sons house in Charlotte a few weeks before, then we can come up that Thursday and leave the truck/trailer in Charlotte and drive the 914 the rest of the way!. Gets some great driving in still on the way up!
Garland
Add Michigan to the list, see ya in September.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

DRPHIL914
8 weeks from tomorrow- 2 months and counting down!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.