Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight Sealing Washer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
@Mikey914
@Matty900

Are you guys making #24 on the parts diagram, or does anyone else know where to find them? Part# 914 750 277 10

Click to view attachment
rgalla9146

Source ? can't say, but as I recall it's a soft foam square cross section donut.
bbrock
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 17 2019, 09:45 AM) *

Source ? can't say, but as I recall it's a soft foam square cross section donut.

Thanks! I was wondering if it was something I could just cut out of soft foam rubber. Wonder if it is similar material to the torsion bar sealing ring. Kind of a squishy foam rubber. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Mar 17 2019, 09:27 AM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Mar 17 2019, 09:45 AM) *

Thanks! I was wondering if it was something I could just cut out of soft foam rubber. Wonder if it is similar material to the torsion bar sealing ring. Kind of a squishy foam rubber. beerchug.gif

No it's a different material. Also the ID of that went work. I'll check with Matt but thought we had done these. Problem is getting all the new stuff listed.
Mark
bbrock
icon_bump.gif bye1.gif
Mikey914
Sorry forgot,
I'll follow up.
MArk
@matty900
Mikey914
My apoplexies,
We do make these, form the drawing I thought it was under the arm mechanism at the motor under the "round flange section" section. I can now see #24 goes in 25 the metal arm.

They are right here -

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/h...aring-sleeve-1#

There are 2 (technically 3) versions of the arm assemblies. @ are metal and work the same way, one integrates some of the bushings and acts as a "fuse" in case the bucket gets bound up.

This might help
Mikey914
The upper bushing on the new is integrated into the new arms.
Mikey914
There are better pictures on the site I just don't have them on my phone.
@bbrock
bbrock
@Mikey914 Thanks Mark. I don't think that's the part though. I think those bushings are 26 and 27 on the diagram. I think this one should be a foam or rubber washer intended to prevent water from migrating from the headlight compartment to frunk via the motor shaft. Could be wrong, but that's how it looks to me. Should be an easy part to source from hardware store items but figured if you guys were already making them, that would be better.

That diagram is screwy though. Ain't no hole in that cover and the actuator arm is inside, not outside. Must have been drawn during Octoberfest beer3.gif
Mikey914
Ok my 1st impression was correct. I just looked more closely at the diagram and thought I misunderstood.
Since were selling a kit would be nice to have. Matt did just do this .
Again I'll ask @matty900
Matty900
I believe that is a later model year part for the ones that had the boot that covers the motor/push rod. We have not made this part yet.
Mikey914
I'll be checking my 75 tomorrow. may be able to mill these easily.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
plenty of good used are available. We have a stock of NOS somewhere here but cannot find them right now!!!!!!
Mikey914
Yeah, but why put an old crappy part on when a new one is not expensive? beer3.gif
Villemi
Hello ,

I need this part

Illustration 905-00

Item number : part #91475027710

Is it possible to find it easily please ?

IPB Image]My Webpage[/url]
76-914
This came up but not a washer. https://www.ebay.com/itm/284708661929
rgalla9146
This train went way off the tracks.
After checking ten headlight motors I found this one.
Brent is looking for the soft round square cross section sealing washer #24
in the parts diagram.
I agree it is only found on later cars that have the rubber boot on the rotating
arm.
See photo.
smile.gif
Could probably be found used in usable condition.
It looks like Villemi needs the same part
Mikey914
I know we made these, just not sure if we got them listed. I'll have to check Monday when I get back to verify stock and get these up.
Mark
Villemi
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 5 2023, 07:16 PM) *

I know we made these, just not sure if we got them listed. I'll have to check Monday when I get back to verify stock and get these up.
Mark

Thank you
bbrock
I had forgotten all about this thread. I did end up finding a couple but can't for the life of me remember where, but think I found them on ebay from the place in Latvia that has a good inventory of NOS. Might be worth giving them a shout.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.