914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
Looks very clean and original cool_shades.gif
Nice example of an unmolested 1971 2.0
Auto Trader Listing
seanery
an original '71 2.0 ? (so its a 6 ?)
Part Pricer
Not that I am a nit-picker, but I'm going to pick this one nit.

If this were an unmolested 1971 2.0, that would make it a 6 cylinder car.
Part Pricer
Damn, I have to type faster. sad.gif
kafermeister
It has /4 rims......and a /4 VIN.

Rick
fuch toy
Then the unmolested 1.7 motor fell out.....
jtf914
Looks like a movable passenger seat as well?

Edit: Nope guess not, hard to see through the windshield.

I just can't get past door trim pieces.
kafermeister
I cut up a '71 914 parts car last spring. It had the same trim. We bought it from a doctor who bought it in '72. There's a good chance that the dealer added it, although, that stuff has been available aftermarket for a LONG time.

Rick
Lawrence
Is that a vent on the dash panel (between dash and w/s)?

blink.gif
Bleyseng
Yep, the 70 I had was just like. Hmmm,, $11k is alot so I hope he gets it.

Geoff
si2t3m
Lawrence,

yup, somekind of vent. I have one also in mine (70 914). I don't recall any air going out of it. maybe if i put the red lever to move the air to the windshield i'll get air out of it.

Marc-André
Curvie Roadlover
If anyone is interested in buying this car, it's about 45 minutes from me. I would go look at if you'd like.
tod914
Id be interested as to why is has a 2.0 in it. Body looks in very nice condition. weather stripping is shot judging from the pictures. Maybe you could contact him and see if its a 2.0 4 or 6 and get alittle more history on it if you dont mind. rolleyes.gif
Red-Beard
Way too much money for a 4. It doesn't even have alloy wheels...
Lawrence
My car doesn't have this vent in the middle of the dash like that, and it's a 70.

Is it a 914/4 thing?
philinjax
The vin # indicates the car is a 4 banger.
philinjax
Red-Beard
The vent was added in 1971 to help with the defogging/defrosting of the windshield.

I've never seen a 1971 914/6 in person, so I don't know if this was only on the 4's. 6's may not have needed it, with the 2 extra cylinders and more heat generated.

James
Aaron Cox
look in "restorers guide to authenticity" - it has numerous pics. ill scan it later this week smile.gif
VegasRacer
Seller send me a few pic's.
What's with the 914 emblem on the back?
Lawrence
I've got a copy... just never seen a car with that vent before. Hmmm.
VegasRacer
Motor
Porsche Rescue
Vent in center of dash top is standard on all 70 and 71's (fours only). It is fresh air only, opens with the top lever (with fan). When dash was changed to provide fresh air vents at each end it was eliminated.
Porsche Rescue
VegasRacer, the engine pic answers a question I have had about my '71........what is that ground tab on the fan shroud in front of the distributor? Apparently it's for nothing!
Lawrence
Thanks, Jim... I learned something new!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.