Full Version: It was new once...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Ran when parked?
billh1963
Sad, isn't it?

Someone was once very excited to own this car. They probably washed and waxed it regularly, obsessed over every bug splatter or rock chip, and considered the car their pride and joy.

Over time things change. maybe the owner started a family, changed jobs, or was ready for something new. If this 914 lived a typical life it then changed hands multiple times....each time passing on to someone with less financial means or desire to properly care for the car.

At some point, rust, mechanical issues, electrical issues, etc. caused the car to be parked. And now we witness the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdUq2opPY-Q
FlacaProductions
I think like that as well - even with the cheapest of cars - at some point, they made someone really happy.
timothy_nd28
Sail trim still looks good
Martin Baker
And look how the trend repeats itself in some of the Boxsters that are out there right now. All it takes is a quick trip to Craigslist.

MB
sixnotfour
huh.gif
krazykonrad
That'll buff right out.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Mar 19 2019, 07:38 AM) *

And look how the trend repeats itself in some of the Boxsters that are out there right now. All it takes is a quick trip to Craigslist.

MB

Every Porsche model has found a horrible resting place, sad but true.

If you look close in these two pics you can see a 911S and a Speedster.
sixnotfour
speedster in my moms back yard
Unobtanium-inc
The aluminum decklid at least didn't rust!
ctc911ctc
Am I the only one that sees some pretty sexy parts in this picture???

QUOTE(jagalyn @ Mar 18 2019, 08:26 PM) *

Valy
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Mar 20 2019, 10:43 AM) *

Am I the only one that sees some pretty sexy parts in this picture???

QUOTE(jagalyn @ Mar 18 2019, 08:26 PM) *

Go for it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.