Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First sorta good V8 story
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
elocke
while cruising on the local 4-lane at 70-75. Constuction closed the 2 right-most lanes and I was in the third, with a slow guy coming up in front of me. There seemed to be a good opening coming up in lane 4 between 2 motorcycles, but I wasn't sure if they were riding together. After the first one went by, which was your basic mid 80's style upright 4 cyl, the one in back seemed to leave room for me. I signalled and gunned it into the flow, passed, then went back into lane 3. As he passed, he seemed to dwell slightly next to me. I wasn't paying any attention to what model he was on, but it was yellow and was the cafe-style with the stubby bars on the top of the fork tubes and mini ferring. I gunned it for a sec. in 5th, then let off. Then he gunned it for a sec. and let off. Then we both gunned it for a sec. and let off. Then he nodded his head and off he went.
After about a minute I noticed he went into lane 2 and slowed until I caught up. I was still in lane 3 at around 75mph. I downshifted into 4th, which put me at around 44-4500 rpm; just short of peak torque of 300 ft-lbs, and we both gunned it for a sec and let off 2 or 3 more times. We stayed almost neck-and-neck. I pulled him each time and he was starting to catch up when I'd let off. We probably only got to 85-90 each time; I failed to notice. Maybe I didn't give him enough of a chance, but I was too paranoid to go any more, considering the traffic, cops, etc. I went back to 75 with traffic, and he let me pass, giving me the thunbs-up. As he drifted back I thought; shi%, I didn't even get the make of the bike. Oh well. My heart's still pounding!
Ed

PS Pic of my new windshield after I broke my replacement. Finally got an inspection sticker.
Rand
Cool.
When I saw your topic title, it made me think of this bike we saw at a car show in Seattle... smile.gif
user posted image
elocke
OMFG! ohmy.gif
messix
i've see that bike for years. its a turbo alcohol injected early hemi. if i remember right some where over 1,000 hp
airsix
QUOTE (messix @ Jun 22 2005, 06:13 PM)
i've see that bike for years. its a turbo alcohol injected early hemi. if i remember right some where over 1,000 hp

It needs a personalized plate that reads "FRYDNUTS"

-Ben M.
914GT
Wonder how long it would run before seizing up?
dbledsoe
Looks like something out of E.J. Potter "The Michigan Madman's" shop. Anyone remember him?
zymurgist
I thought the Boss Hoss had a heck of a motor, but this bike is just plain sick.

"That thing got a Hemi?"
"You're about to find out!"
TJB/914
Hey Dbledsoe,

I remember E.J.Potter at the Detroit Dragway. He really put on a show. Had his chevy bike on a kickstand, reveved the motor up & pushed off the kickstand. Smoked those tires all the way down the track. Gave you goose bumps watching him.

How about this bike (see picture)

Tom
mharrison
Boss Hoss V-8 Bike with a 502. I knew a guy that owned one with Nitrous on it! Nobody will EVER know how fast it is!!!

Boss Hoss

user posted image
dbledsoe
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 23 2005, 05:38 PM)
Hey Dbledsoe,

I remember E.J.Potter at the Detroit Dragway. He really put on a show. Had his chevy bike on a kickstand, reveved the motor up & pushed off the kickstand. Smoked those tires all the way down the track. Gave you goose bumps watching him.

How about this bike (see picture)

That's him! When I was a kid he came out to California with his bike and put on one heck of a show (my Dad used to take me to the drags). His skill at handling the small block Chevy powered bike was incredible. His nickname was entirely appropriate once you saw him ride that thing.

I don't think my wife would approve of a bike with a tank/body work like that. LOL!
dbledsoe
Found this via a Google search.
dbledsoe
And another.
redshift
laugh.gif

Foolish!
914werke
Ive ridden a Boss Hog ...THATS foolish barf.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.