Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sticker placement for the archive and the concours guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
A customer of ours wanted to know the sticker placement for a 75 2.0 for both emissions and valve adjust. I knew that it was going to be pretty hard to find as most are worn off by now having been placed on the engine shroud itself. Well after looking at 17 cars with engines in them and stumbling over engines in the racks and out back in what we call the natural shed, I finally found a good example. Here are some photos. Please notice, that first, the sticker is not stuck above the relay board as are many. Secondly, the valve adjustment sticker is totally different than the 1.7 or the 2.0 sticker and do not think that it is in the parts book. We have, years ago, made many of the different stickers, but never this one as first, there were not that many of these cars made, and secondly, being on the engine did not have a good example. Probably should be made anyway, but the 200 dollar set up fee with a nationally known automotive sticker company and the 200 order just does not seem practical (and the material has to be special as it is stuck on a very very hot engine!!!!

How many out there would need a set of stickers like this?Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
George..thank you for these! I have been looking for the 75 2.0L labels for eons.

Those above are for the 75 2.0L 49-state model.

Still looking for the same label(s) related to the CA-model cars.

I also have this one from a 74-75 2.0L.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
wow that one is great Jeff, all we have are the two factory valve adjust stickers from the parts book. I have a really good sticker guy who can duplicate them exactly from the better material for the hot engine, so maybe we could do something to get them done, reasonably.

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Mar 19 2019, 08:42 AM) *

George..thank you for these! I have been looking for the 75 2.0L labels for eons.

mgphoto
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Mar 19 2019, 08:42 AM) *

Would this be for a 1.8l as the timing mark is at 7.5 * and not 27*?
JeffBowlsby
2.0L because it indicates the 0.008 exhaust valve lash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.