Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: opinion tow hook loop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
before I go through with making this, what is your opinion? How many of you would need this and or purchase one for 35.00. Of course we all know that it came with the original 914 tool kit so is necessary for the concours presentation, but making it is expensive believe it or not and it has to be plated gold (original rusty tool kit!! (LOL)

Click to view attachment
HansJan
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 19 2019, 01:23 PM) *

before I go through with making this, what is your opinion? How many of you would need this and or purchase one for 35.00. Of course we all know that it came with the original 914 tool kit so is necessary for the concours presentation, but making it is expensive believe it or not and it has to be plated gold (original rusty tool kit!! (LOL)

Click to view attachment

I just paid $65 to get an old (cleaned up) tow-hook.
So $35 is definitely worth it.
johnhora
George..
$35 is a reasonable price for one....heck used crappy ones sometimes sell for more.
What's with the screw packet....is that original or just someone placing extras in their kit.

Beeliner
$35 is good
smile.gif
mb911
I would be in.
rgalla9146
Concours people want real not reproduction.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(johnhora @ Mar 19 2019, 04:36 PM) *

George..
$35 is a reasonable price for one....heck used crappy ones sometimes sell for more.
What's with the screw packet....is that original or just someone placing extras in their kit.

License plate screws
forrestkhaag
I would be in at 35++
branston
$35 is good price, I'd be in if my car was missing one!
Mikey914
looked at making these at one time, if you do they need to be forged to handle the load. Unless it's a cosmetic part dry.gif
jim_hoyland
Looks like a good idea; I'll purchase one smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
that is why it is so expensive to make

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 19 2019, 11:00 PM) *

looked at making these at one time, if you do they need to be forged to handle the load. Unless it's a cosmetic part dry.gif

bbrock
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 20 2019, 09:20 AM) *

that is why it is so expensive to make

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 19 2019, 11:00 PM) *

Even the originals tend to bend like a piece of lead if used. Don't put any side load on them. Ask me how I know headbang.gif
VegasRacer
Go BIG or Go Home. aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Hah! Reminds me of an old cb antenna mount, breaker 19 good buddy

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Mar 20 2019, 01:51 PM) *

Go BIG or Go Home. aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment

VegasRacer
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 20 2019, 02:00 PM) *

breaker 19 good buddy

You got the Mad Hatter here, west bound. Come back.
sixnotfour
porsche finally got it right..
bbrock
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 21 2019, 06:51 AM) *

What's the thread on that? Will it fit our cars? I wouldn't mind having one I could actually use to compliment my nicely re-plated "show" piece. smile.gif

BTW George, if I didn't already have a nice looking tow eye, I wouldn't hesitate to pay $35 for a good replica.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no will not fit looks good though!!!!

QUOTE(bbrock @ Mar 21 2019, 06:32 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 21 2019, 06:51 AM) *

What's the thread on that? Will it fit our cars? I wouldn't mind having one I could actually use to compliment my nicely re-plated "show" piece. smile.gif

BTW George, if I didn't already have a nice looking tow eye, I wouldn't hesitate to pay $35 for a good replica.
larryM

hah - i have maybe 6 or 8 of those - would be happy to get $35 ea + ship obo (1)

fwiw - scca & maybe other venues require a 2" loop - easier to quickly fit a rope or hook into at trackside - so i just welded 2" steel rings to metric grade 8 bolts -
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Well I gave Roger the go ahead on these, will be identical to the original factory and beautifully plated for concours presentation. There is a link in the member vendor section, figure 90 days as the sample and quote is already in place. 35 dollars for the group buy pre order, figure 49.50 when they hit
mb911
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 26 2019, 12:04 PM) *

Well I gave Roger the go ahead on these, will be identical to the original factory and beautifully plated for concours presentation. There is a link in the member vendor section, figure 90 days as the sample and quote is already in place. 35 dollars for the group buy pre order, figure 49.50 when they hit

Ordered thanks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
sample just arrived and it is perfect now on to production!Click to view attachment freshly minted Click to view attachment with its step brothers
FlacaProductions
Ordered - nice work. Thanks.
bbrock
That looks great! beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Order submitted; Thanks for doing these and offering a group buy too smile.gif
* it’s a great price ! I’ve seen these at swap meets for >$75.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.