Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: battery question?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frankieshooz
seems like a silly question but ordering a new PC925 Odyssey battery and there are two options available for positive terminal location right or left side. Does it matter or is one more advantageous than the other...seems silly as battery sits sideways and the positive cable comes from the rear....just want to be sure and order the right one in case it makes a difference
windforfun
Here's what I did.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
positive terminal towards the rear and toward the engine itself, do not want the terminals on the wall side just in case!!!!!

QUOTE(frankieshooz @ Mar 19 2019, 12:38 PM) *

seems like a silly question but ordering a new PC925 Odyssey battery and there are two options available for positive terminal location right or left side. Does it matter or is one more advantageous than the other...seems silly as battery sits sideways and the positive cable comes from the rear....just want to be sure and order the right one in case it makes a difference
dr914@autoatlanta.com
very nice looking engine compartment by the way

QUOTE(windforfun @ Mar 19 2019, 12:57 PM) *

Here's what I did.

windforfun
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 19 2019, 12:04 PM) *

very nice looking engine compartment by the way

QUOTE(windforfun @ Mar 19 2019, 12:57 PM) *

Here's what I did.

VaccaRabite
This is what you want:
Click to view attachment
Zach
rhodyguy
with a solid tray the Group 48 ( I think that's the the #) clamp will hold Optima securely. VERY. Leave the plastic covers on the side terminals.
frankieshooz
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Mar 21 2019, 10:10 AM) *

This is what you want:
Click to view attachment
Zach

thanks guys those responses really helped...confirms the decision to go with the standard right side positive battery setup as opposed to the 925L.
eyesright
Yup, you want the posts inboard. Much easier to wrench the cables on and off...and much less "dangerous". With outboard posts the NEG cable is hard to get a wrench on and you are sure to make contact with the body if you should forget protocol and go for the POS terminal first. Ask for a show of hands on that one. headbang.gif Outboard posts will work fine and will keep the cables out of the way, just remember protocol, and not a bad idea to keep the POS covered anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.