Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1-2-3 Distributer Set up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Just got my 1-2-3 Distributer; read over the spec sheet for curve selection and wondered if there are any other L-Jet installations out there
The motor is 2056, non-Vac Vanagon TB, Mallory Unilite Distributer.
I’m assuming that curves 2 or 3 might be correct
Looking for experience here....
914Sixer
Probably going to have to play with it.
Porschef
Hi Jim,

I’m also curious to find some information about this as I’ll be doing pretty much the same thing as what you’ve got. 2056, 9550 cam, larger intake (to be installed) and of course, Ljet. Planning on devoting Sunday to the install and tune, would be nice to find a decent tutorial. In English, of course... biggrin.gif

Btw, from what I see,
unit has to be installed before you can download the app dry.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Porschef @ Mar 20 2019, 06:58 PM) *

Hi Jim,

I’m also curious to find some information about this as I’ll be doing pretty much the same thing as what you’ve got. 2056, 9550 cam, larger intake (to be installed) and of course, Ljet. Planning on devoting Sunday to the install and tune, would be nice to find a decent tutorial. In English, of course... biggrin.gif

Btw, from what I see,
unit has to be installed before you can download the app dry.gif

I have the basic 914R, the non-programable unit. It's curved manually. We are going to do the install this Fridsy.
echocanyons
My sons car has run this for about two years. Running a 1996cc engine with stock cam.

I had an electrical issue that had began at the time I installed this and a billet TB.

Turned out not to be related.

I would recommend it although the cap connectors seem a little cheaply made.

I mirrored the factory curves and tested with a bit more andvance. Not using the manifold pressure or advance on this one.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Mar 20 2019, 07:57 PM) *

My sons car has run this for about two years. Running a 1996cc engine with stock cam.

I had an electrical issue that had began at the time I installed this and a billet TB.

Turned out not to be related.

I would recommend it although the cap connectors seem a little cheaply made.

I mirrored the factory curves and tested with a bit more andvance. Not using the manifold pressure or advance on this one.

Where does one find the factory curves ?
pete000
Here is what I'm running on my 123 equipped 2.0 L-Jet. Car is very happy...
HansJan
This is helpful information.

I just started installing mine.
4 cylinder 2.3l
Dual Carburetor without vacuum.
Aftermarket (but mild) cam.

My question is:
What to do with the vacuum port on the 123 unit?
Leave it open, or cap it?

Thanks in advance.
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(HansJan @ Mar 21 2019, 02:02 PM) *

This is helpful information.

I just started installing mine.
4 cylinder 2.3l
Dual Carburetor without vacuum.
Aftermarket (but mild) cam.

My question is:
What to do with the vacuum port on the 123 unit?
Leave it open, or cap it?

Thanks in advance.
Click to view attachment

Call Ed at 1-2-3; he's very helpful... smile.gif
HansJan
Thanks for the advise. I couldn’t find his number.
So I left it open, and seems to work fine.

Using the same parameters:
500-5.0
1,000-7.0
2,500-25.0
3,500-30.0
8,000-30.0

MAP all zero’s

Car runs very good. It actually ran pretty good before. But it suprized me somewhat at 3,200 rpm.

Previously there would by periodical hesitations at highway cruising speed (3,200 rpm). I always assumed that it was a fuel problem. But it seams to have been resolved with this 123 distributor.

echocanyons
I found copies of them on this thread as well as some other curves and experiences.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=Distributor
jim_hoyland
It’s in and what a difference, and I had a Mallory Unilite that seemed pretty good. Surprised by the smooth acceration between 3,400 and 4,000 rpm; idles smooth at 900, and engines not running hot.
I included a new blue coil which several peeps recommended,
Another plus was being able to talk directly with Ed at 1-2-3; he answered several questions that helped a lot
StratPlayer
I knew you'd love it, welcome to the 123 club.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.