Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ballpark jetting for Dellorto DRLAs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r3dplanet
Hello.

I have a pair of DRLA 36 carbs which shall soon be mated to a 1911cc engine. Can anyone supply me with a reasonable starting point for the jetting? So far I have found very little information in terms of jetting charts or rebuilding. Search tends to get transmogfrified into Weber results.

Allow me to explain what my trouble is. You see, carburetors mix gasoline and air to just the right amount at varying conditions. Much of that is determined by a variety of jets, screws, stacks, etc. Of these I am entirely ignorant.

Please and thank you.

Click to view attachment

anderssj
I've been running DRLA 40s for more than 25 years (2L with Mahle euro PC set, elgin cam, Bosch 050); they're set up as follows:

Venturi = 30 (factory setting is 34)
Idle jet = 55
Main jet = 135
Air correction jet = 180 (same as factory)
Emulsion tube = 9164.2 (same as factory)

If you have 30 venturis on your carbs, this jetting may be a good starting point.

I posted some old set-up articles here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...359&hl=DRLA

I may have some others I can email--PM me if you need them.

Hope this helps,

Steve A-

r3dplanet
Rad! Thank you very much.

QUOTE(anderssj @ Mar 21 2019, 05:03 AM) *

I've been running DRLA 40s for more than 25 years (2L with Mahle euro PC set, elgin cam, Bosch 050); they're set up as follows:

Venturi = 30 (factory setting is 34)
Idle jet = 55
Main jet = 135
Air correction jet = 180 (same as factory)
Emulsion tube = 9164.2 (same as factory)

If you have 30 venturis on your carbs, this jetting may be a good starting point.

I posted some old set-up articles here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...359&hl=DRLA

I may have some others I can email--PM me if you need them.

Hope this helps,

Steve A-

porschetub
The 36's can come with 28 or 32mm vents ,idles and mains straight off will usually be close enough for a start if mixture screw are set correctly.
Make sure you balance them before doing final jet tuning,good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.