Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone hear recently from ValcoOscar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Toolboy32
I sent my bumpers to Oscar around Thanskgiving as he kindly accepted my bumpers well after the cutoff date for the group buy. I'm grateful for that, as I needed the help while backdating my '71.

I have not heard from him for a couple months now, and I have emailed him about 3 times since then. Last I heard he said he would check on them the following Monday at the chrome shop.

Wondering if anyone has heard from him? Is he alright?
I still owe him $400, and I am going to be sorely missing my bumpers soon as spring is springing here in Michigan.

Contact me if you know anything.
Travis
616-238-9296
wes
popcorn[1].gif
Cairo94507
Did you send Oscar a PM or email? Oscar is absolutely reliable and active on this site. beerchug.gif
Toolboy32
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Mar 22 2019, 07:29 AM) *

Did you send Oscar a PM or email? Oscar is absolutely reliable and active on this site. beerchug.gif

Please don’t misread my intentions here. I’m thrilled that Oscar put the group buy together. I did email and pm a couple times, and was worried that something may have happened to him. I also changed jobs, and have a new phone number, so it might be totally out of his control. I did include that in my email. Just hoping that if something did happen, maybe someone can put us in touch. I’m not insinuating anything negative.
Toolboy32
QUOTE(wes @ Mar 22 2019, 12:54 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif

I should mention I’m getting on a 14 hour flight in a few hours, so if I’m not answering, it’s only temporary.
JmuRiz
I think that batch is taking a bit longer. My rear is done, but waiting on the front. I'll ping him @ValcoOscar just to check.

BTW he's totally legit and one of the nicest 914 guys I've met...so it's probably just a delay with the chrome shop.
Toolboy32
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 22 2019, 08:30 AM) *

I think that batch is taking a bit longer. My rear is done, but waiting on the front. I'll ping him @ValcoOscar just to check.

BTW he's totally legit and one of the nicest 914 guys I've met...so it's probably just a delay with the chrome shop.

I would totally understand, just looking for information. Maybe I have to think about putting my fiberglass bumpers back on temporarily.
ValcoOscar
I’m here…

Guys…I’m here offering no excuses. I’m not going anywhere. Been awfully busy and lost a brother to a freak paragliding accident at Torrey Pines near San Diego a week and half ago.
All few remaining bumpers are done at my house…a few GT fronts are ready for pick up. Aside from that I have a few GT fronts in process for Ben @mb911 .
I will sort and pack over the weekend as time permits.

At the same time I'm trying to keep my mind occupied so I can return to my normal routine soon.

drem914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Mar 22 2019, 07:55 AM) *

I’m here…

Guys…I’m here offering no excuses. I’m not going anywhere. Been awfully busy and lost a brother to a freak paragliding accident at Torrey Pines near San Diego a week and half ago.
All few remaining bumpers are done at my house…a few GT fronts are ready for pick up. Aside from that I have a few GT fronts in process for Ben @mb911 .
I will sort and pack over the weekend as time permits.

At the same time I'm trying to keep my mind occupied so I can return to my normal routine soon.

That was your brother? I read about that in the paper and am truly sorry for you loss. Unexpected death in the family is devastating. All the more reason I am disappointed in myself for not talking with you more this last weekend at the museum gathering. If you need anyone to discuss this with or need any help with anything please let me know. Praying for you Oscar.
burton73
Oscar,

I am so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your brother. If there is anything that anyone can do for you or your family, we are here for you.

With a sudden loss of a family member it is like you are in a cloud. What, how is that possible, how is this possible.

Not sure what we can say but you and your family are loved here.

Bob B
wes
Oscar so very sorry to hear of your loss! Completely understand, the loss of a close family member is one of the hardest things in life. My hart goes out to you.
JmuRiz
Take your time Oscar...I'm in no rush.

Still in a fog 1.5 years after my dad died unexpectedly
mb911
Oscar I had no idea when we were texting this week. Please take care and take care of your family 1st.
Cairo94507
My sincere condolences. I can't imagine what that feels like. My brother and I are so close that if something happened to him my life would be ruined. God bless your brother and your family.
koozy
So very sorry for your loss, Oscar. Condolences to you and your family.
ValcoOscar
Thank you all for the kind words. I'm keeping busy and comforted in knowing his wife and kids are strong. I will be there for them.

Years back when my siblings and I were rotating 24hr care for our ailing parents (every 4th day for 5 years) this brother would remind us "Guys, let's do this cause we can, and for the heaven points, we'll need them someday"

Take care of your family guys...

Oscar

Toolboy32
Oscar,
I’m very sorry for your loss. Family always come 1st.
I thank you again for putting yourself out there for fellow members. Sharing can be difficult, but it’s a great reminder for me to hold my loved ones close, and to tell them about my love often.

I will pay the balance of my bill as soon as I get back into the States this weekend. Take care of yourself 1st. We love our cars, but it pales in comparison.
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Toolboy32 @ Mar 21 2019, 08:33 PM) *

I sent my bumpers to Oscar around Thanskgiving as he kindly accepted my bumpers well after the cutoff date for the group buy. I'm grateful for that, as I needed the help while backdating my '71.

I have not heard from him for a couple months now, and I have emailed him about 3 times since then. Last I heard he said he would check on them the following Monday at the chrome shop.

Wondering if anyone has heard from him? Is he alright?
I still owe him $400, and I am going to be sorely missing my bumpers soon as spring is springing here in Michigan.

Contact me if you know anything.
Travis
616-238-9296

Springtime in Michigan?Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Sorry Oscar... when you feel like looking down, remember to look up.
Toolboy32
Rare moments are that beautiful, but springtime usually entails dirty mounds of snow in the corners of parking lots...
abes914
Sorry to hear your loss Oscar. Let us know if you need anything.
Abe
Lucky9146
Oscar, so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. Loosing a brother is tough, I know.
SO.O.C914er
This hits home with me Oscar. I lost my older brother 13 years ago to a freak work fire when he was 50. So sorry to hear about this. Pam and I will be thinking of you and your family this weekend. Many prayers......Paul
bob164
Oscar, my condolences to you and your family, you are blessed to have such a strong bond with your siblings, this will help all of you. If there is anything I can do to help, text or or give me call.

Bob D.
Andyrew
Very sorry to hear about your brother Oscar! Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
euro911
Oscar, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. Please accept Dianne's and my condolences ...and feel free to reach out to us if you need anything to help you and your family traverse through this.

sad2.gif

May the Lord be with you all at this time of sorrow.
sled9146
Very sorry to hear of your loss. You've given of yourself and have supported many of us in the whole 914 community in so many ways. We are all here to support you and your family in any way we can.
JawjaPorsche
Sorry for loss. May the wonderful memories of your brother give you some comfort in this time of sorrow.
Freezin 914
Oscar, sorry to read this sad news. My condolences to you and your family. Take care.
forrestkhaag
Heartfelt condolences to you and your family Oscar. Having lost my brother to a slow wasting Hodgkins battle, I know your pain.

Take Care and drive to thrive yet again.

Forrest
914-300Hemi
Oscar,
I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. Our condolences to you and your family.

Stay strong and stay positive.

ravi
johnlush
Losing a brother is a very difficult thing. Hang in there in this difficult time in your life.

John
Morph914
Sorry for your loss Oscar, you and your family are in my prayers.
sixnotfour
Sorry for your loss Oscar
Unpretentious

Oscar,

Sorry for your loss. I know the pain of loosing a brother. You're in our Prayers.

Jerry & Cathy
JRust
Dang I just saw Oscar this weekend & had no idea. I am so sorry for your loss Oscar. Hugs bud hugs!
914werke
QUOTE(Unpretentious @ Mar 27 2019, 09:09 PM) *
Oscar,
Sorry for your loss. I know the pain of loosing a brother. You're in our Prayers.
Jerry & Cathy

Truly, BTDT. Take care of family & yourself. We'll all be here .. with our best wishes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.