Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dealer installed condenser size?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
agenovez
Looking at adding a parallel flow condenser to my 914 and was wondering what the size of the original dealer installed tube and fin condenser was?
David Billo
I have one in my attic. I'll go up there tomorrow and measure it.
Literati914
QUOTE(agenovez @ Mar 22 2019, 03:47 PM) *

Looking at adding a parallel flow condenser to my 914 and was wondering what the size of the original dealer installed tube and fin condenser was?

welcome.png Dallas ? We have a new one in the metroplex ...thats great. You'll have to let us know what you're workin' on.

I was asking some A/C questions myself just the other day, so I'll be interested in what you find out abouth the condensor too. Good luck!
Chris914n6
13x14 and 10x18. ~2" Thick. Yes I have one of each biggrin.gif

The condenser is just a heat exchanger, so the bigger the better, with lots of air flow.
jcd914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Mar 25 2019, 10:59 PM) *

13x14 and 10x18. ~2" Thick. Yes I have one of each biggrin.gif

The condenser is just a heat exchanger, so the bigger the better, with lots of air flow.

The original system was designed around R12 and R134a is not as thermally efficient as R12.
So for a R134a conversion a larger evaporator helps even more.

Jim
David Billo
Dimensions of the overall enclosure of my (AFAIK) dealer installed A/C condensor ('73 2.0), as it would have been positioned in the car:

Width (side to side): 20 3/4"
Length (front to rear): 13 7/8"
Height (top to bottom): 5 1/8"

This enclosure includes space at the front for a fan. I have a photograph of it if you need it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.