Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT but similar family roots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Have 05 A4 TDI 3.0 avant ,been the best car I have ever owned,never thought I would sell it but a good surfer mate is selling his old surf wagon.
07 3.0 Allroad TDI avant,flash tuned ecu,full dealer history,172,000km's on the clock and he needed to clear it as no place to store it and has received the new bi-turbo replacement already.
He got a dealer trade in and was really pissed off with the offer and we talked...he said you love that car so I bought it for 8K nzd and it comes with fresh service and groom,real tidy car.
Have driven it lots and it is a very nice drive,mine has no towbar and this has that,due to our crazy car engineering regulations was looking @ $1500 to do mine ..no way,besides need the extra room the A6 has.Click to view attachment
Sample pic but most will get the idea,flash tune makes better torque than the fuel guzzler petrol 4.2 v8 and cheap to run,happy guy here picking it up next week beer.gif
Dion
Congrats Dean! I used to have an ‘02 A6 Avant. Always liked the Avant looks & cargo capacity. Not too
mention Quattro performance. Enjoy mate.
porschetub
QUOTE(Dion @ Mar 23 2019, 03:34 PM) *

Congrats Dean! I used to have an ‘02 A6 Avant. Always liked the Avant looks & cargo capacity. Not too
mention Quattro performance. Enjoy mate.

Thanks buddy,neat to drive with 210kw and 520nm ,fuel consumption is slightly up on the A4 but still around combined 8.8 L/100km and I can live with that considering we had cheap petrol and diesel not so long ago but not that way now barf.gif .
Now get on with your car lol-2.gif lol-2.gif cheers.
Andyrew
I miss my first generation allroad.

Was a really cool vehicle but was a maintenance nightmare, the newer ones were not as bad.

Congrats on the buy! Audi makes some pretty great cars!
porschetub
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 24 2019, 12:42 AM) *

I miss my first generation allroad.

Was a really cool vehicle but was a maintenance nightmare, the newer ones were not as bad.

Congrats on the buy! Audi makes some pretty great cars!

Thanks ,yes the early ones were,lots of issues that I have seen first off @ my mates European workshop,this one has had air suspension done including new lift compressor which has been the only real major issue with the car ,the rest has really only been consumable items.
One bonus is that the car is New Zealand new ,better spec than the Japanese import ones which have flooded our country with generally poor servicing history.
porschetub
Have been liking this car lots ,taken a little to get used too but continues to impress.
Got the PPI back from my friends Audi dealership,only fault was a code for the intake manifold flaps on the LH side of the engine,this is a common fault due to the EGR system causing soot buildup on the flaps and the control servo motor can't overcome the resistant and throws a code,more common on town driven cars according to my Audi guy.
All parts have been ordered and my friend payed for them and he will also pay the cost for my guy to repair,I decided this was a really poor judgement on the part of the dealership so I went ahead and ordered the repair parts for the RH side also...it just makes sense.
My friend sent me a pic of his new allroad,he fitted 20'' factory wheels and had it flash tuned to 370kw and 700nm of torque by the same guy that did mine.
Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.