Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass engine lid. Anyone make these?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fasthonda
Looking for a fiberglass replica engine lid to reduce weight. My current one is GT style without torsion rods and it still weights quite a bit. Thank you,

Michael
sixnotfour
I have one , no idea who made it..swap meet find.. confused24.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the ones with the double grille from the German chicken wire are really very light, could not imagine one that would work that could be any lighter

QUOTE(fasthonda @ Mar 23 2019, 12:18 PM) *

Looking for a fiberglass replica engine lid to reduce weight. My current one is GT style without torsion rods and it still weights quite a bit. Thank you,

Michael
porschetub
agree.gif can't get much better than that,anything fiberglass would be weak @ the hinge mounts.
rhodyguy
And where the latch tang mounts. No springs. Posts and lift off would prob work best. A lot of work for 15-20#. The gt lids sold here would get you better than half way there. Nothing but frame and mesh. Ready to go.
rgalla9146
If the torsion bars are removed there is no load on the hinges.
plus added lightness
Maltese Falcon
Got mine from Rodger Sheridan, Ultimate 914 fiberglass guy
fasthonda
Thanks everyone. If someone has one they are willing to sell please let me know.
Mark Henry
You could always lose a couple of pounds...then you wouldn't need a FG lid. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
I wasn't going to go there.
914 Ranch
Everytime I put Carerror on a diet I have to go there too. You would think that I would be more conscious of it. I need to give up 35# so that she can do her job better. And I would still like to have that fiberglass lid. Roger once told me that he could do a complete body that weighed a mear 28#. Time to get my act together.
campbellcj
I have a 'GT' style lid which is further gutted-out, no springs, hinges, latch or cross-bars. Being fully removable really helps w/ engine bay access too.

IPB Image
sixnotfour
says about 6 lbs lighter than steel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.