Here are some pictures

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
URY914
I don't see no rain? confused24.gif
rhodyguy
What is the round metal thing pictured in post#8?
914-300Hemi
Great photos. Thank you for sharing.

The Ford GT looks long compared to the 911 RSR.
carr914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 24 2019, 09:04 AM) *

What is the round metal thing pictured in post#8?

Front Brake on the Toyota Hybrid - part of the Electric regeneration system

Click to view attachment
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 24 2019, 08:55 AM) *

I don't see no rain? confused24.gif

biggrin.gif
Dion
Great pics TC. Thanks for those.
Betty
We saw only one 914 in the Porsche Corral.
Click to view attachment

Another car in the Porsche Corral.
Click to view attachment

We saw a silver 914 in the general parking area by Turn #4. We were looking at the car and the owner, sitting in his RV, saw us and came out to chat. We would've sworn it was a dead stock car, but it turned out to have a Chevy V8 in it. Total sleeper, never would've known just by looking at it. Great guy to talk to, he's been on World a few times way back. Unfortunately I didn't even think to get a picture of his car. sad.gif

We went through the "Hall of Fame Gallery of Legends" inside the track.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
MiniStevieG
Great pics! Thanks for sharing first.gif
Betty
The Green Park is EVERYTHING that people say it is!

They might have to change the lettering on the canopy. Super Sebring encompassed 23 3/4 hours of endurance racing over three days. Thursday was an hour and 45 minute race, Friday was a two hour race then the 8 hours or 1,000 mile race. Then Saturday was the 12 hour race.
Click to view attachment

I took this picture early on Thursday morning. Those bottles at the bottom of the signpost aren't beer bottles, they're champagne or wine sized bottles. The gates had only opened around 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning. We never did get back by there Saturday evening to take a picture of how many bottles they'd gone through by then.
Click to view attachment

People bring interesting vehicles to cruise around in as they drink.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Love the 'spare wheel'.
Click to view attachment

We got to see the Vikings rolling their chairs around. One had a 16 wheeler db level horn on it that played various horn sounds.
Click to view attachment

You can zip tie any kind of sign anywhere you want to.
Click to view attachment

Why a big inflatable Stay Puft man??? Because you can of course!
Click to view attachment

Drinking in front of the Sheriff Shack? No problem!
Betty
Yes, Bib the Michelin Man was there.
Click to view attachment

We did see Fernando Alonso!
Click to view attachment

The WEC Mascot was there.

Click to view attachment

Jan Magnussen.
Click to view attachment

Allan McNish was the Grand Marshall for both the WEC 8 hour and the IMSA 12 hour races.
Click to view attachment

Jamie Howe (married to driver Andy Lally) was announcing.
Click to view attachment

In memory of Charlie Whiting.
Click to view attachment

The WEC 8 hour race.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Betty
More of the IMSA 12 hour race - yes, you could say it was raining...
Click to view attachment
Clay asked the crew members... the plaid paint scheme isn't a 'Spaceballs' thing - it's a Canadian thing.

Porsche #911 and #912's pit boxes.
Click to view attachment

Please forgive the quality of the pictures, it was a cheap point-and-shoot camera that gave it's all for the weekend (translation: the rain kind of did it in).

You might wonder why there aren't more pictures of the racing... we knew we had both races recording at home where we'd be able to watch them in detail. I figured the pictures I did post are the ones you'd never get to see on TV. biggrin.gif
914 Ranch
On my bucket list, first heard of the Party in '64. A friend went to Dayton and won his class, told me he loved Dayton but he heard that Sebring was the Party. I say this every year but I am not dead so I'll just keep trying.
carr914
QUOTE(Betty @ Mar 24 2019, 10:36 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Jamie is married to Bryan Sellers

Click to view attachment

Andy Lally is involved with Katherine Legge
troth
The red car in the corral was mine. Camping was certainly wet! With enough to drink, nobody seemed to mind though. I rolled out of bed in time to win the Michelin raffle, free set of tires up to $1200 value! My brother just bought a 944 so I think it will be a “welcome to the club” gift for him.

Don’t think I’ll be able to eat more BBQ for awhile. We had probably about 40 lbs of pork butt, ribs, brisket, and st paddy’s day corned beef over the weekend.
Betty
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 25 2019, 06:15 AM) *

QUOTE(Betty @ Mar 24 2019, 10:36 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Jamie is married to Bryan Sellers

Click to view attachment

Andy Lally is involved with Katherine Legge

THAT's right! Thanks for correcting me - that's what I get for asking Clay to Google it for me while I was putting pictures in. biggrin.gif
Betty
QUOTE(troth @ Mar 25 2019, 07:32 AM) *

The red car in the corral was mine. Camping was certainly wet! With enough to drink, nobody seemed to mind though. I rolled out of bed in time to win the Michelin raffle, free set of tires up to $1200 value! My brother just bought a 944 so I think it will be a “welcome to the club” gift for him.

Don’t think I’ll be able to eat more BBQ for awhile. We had probably about 40 lbs of pork butt, ribs, brisket, and st paddy’s day corned beef over the weekend.

Congrats on winning the tires!!! Dang - you're an awfully nice brother to be giving him a whole set of tires! first.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.