Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phone Home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahycaramba
Hello Amigos,
I wanted to see is anyone has installed 7x15 phone dial wheels to their straight bodied 914? Do they just slap on or do you need spacers? Could you post some pics.

Thanks, Al
GeorgeRud
Obviously, you’ll need to have a 5 lug conversion if yours is a 914-4. I think the issue will be fender clearance more so than having to space them away from the hub.
sixnotfour
need a pn , or offset ..
23.3mm came in 15x7, 16x7 and 16x8.

52.3mm came in 15x6, 15x7, 16x7, 16x8.

the ones you want have the 52.3 offset , but need a spacer...or

the 23.3 offset may or maynot depending on tires camber,,bla bla ..most likely need the fender pulled
ahycaramba
Thanks guys for your response. The reason I asked was I thought the dial wheels would be a cheap temporary resolution till I have my steel GT fender installed. I recently converted to five lug and bought some staggered Euromeister to fit my GT flares. Because my project is taking longer than anticipated I just ant to get my project running and put off the steel flares for later. I am looking for a solution that would enable me to drive my car as a narrow body until I’m ready to install the GT fenders. Your response is helping me figure things out. As you can tell I got the fever and the remedy is to drive my teener.
Thanks For sharing Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

your knowledge and input.

Picture are of my project with staggered wheels on narrow body.
The wheel are from someone that is selling then online
5 lug conversion Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
great deal;
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/groups...064992420468096

‎Todd Prettyman‎ to Porsche 914 Parts For Sale
January 6 ·
Porsche Phone Dial Wheels
$250
Murfreesboro, TN
Porsche Phone Dial wheels. 7x15’s, ET 52.3, 5-130 bolt pattern will fit many vehicles. All center caps included, just refinished and ready to go.
SirAndy
ET 52.3 will need spacers and longer wheel studs. On the plus side, you can fine-tune the offset to your car with those.

Not sure i would do that for some temp wheels though ...
idea.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
will not fit, 6 inch will though

QUOTE(ahycaramba @ Mar 24 2019, 08:32 AM) *

Hello Amigos,
I wanted to see is anyone has installed 7x15 phone dial wheels to their straight bodied 914? Do they just slap on or do you need spacers? Could you post some pics.

Thanks, Al

dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes good point, the best way to install the later offset wheels like these is to use a four to five lug adaptor, then they will bolt right on

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 5 2019, 11:31 AM) *

ET 52.3 will need spacers and longer wheel studs. On the plus side, you can fine-tune the offset to your car with those.

Not sure i would do that for some temp wheels though ...
idea.gif
ahycaramba
I ended up buying a set of Boxster 16" staggered wheels on Offerup for $400 bucks. front are 205/55r16 6x16 offset ET50 rears are 225/50r16 7x16 offset ET-40.
After contacting member Jim912928, who has a similar set up (6x16 all around) I decided to going with 195/55r16 in the fronts and try to squeeze 205/55r16 to the rear. going to be crossing my finger the rears will not be an issue.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.