Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
Anyone have any pictures of the firewall with the backpad removed that would focus on the places where the screws on the bottom would go into?

Was going to do carpet instead of the backpad, but having second thoughts, but between the sound deadening material, and the inner box kit, I'm wondering if those spots have been covered up, and so maybe that would help me to tell about where they were located. It might not be in my favor anymore to go back.
barefoot
If you've got the OEM backpad just position it and center punch thru the existing holes.
larryM
why not just buy the 914rubber molded fiberglass piece & glue your carpet to it?
EdwardBlume
You may have weld the box kit over the holes. If so, put the pad in, grab a sharpie and drill. Use the correct bolt if you want, or be lazy and use a self tapping machine screw.

Make sure the pad is in good condition and sits up appropriately.
bdstone914
QUOTE(partwerks @ Mar 24 2019, 12:20 PM) *

Anyone have any pictures of the firewall with the backpad removed that would focus on the places where the screws on the bottom would go into?

Was going to do carpet instead of the backpad, but having second thoughts, but between the sound deadening material, and the inner box kit, I'm wondering if those spots have been covered up, and so maybe that would help me to tell about where they were located. It might not be in my favor anymore to go back.

@partwerks
What kind of carpet were you planing to use? There are kits out there that use Perlon carpet which has more give. You may have a lot of forming and cutting to use real carpet.
Bruce
partwerks
QUOTE(larryM @ Mar 24 2019, 05:47 PM) *

why not just buy the 914rubber molded fiberglass piece & glue your carpet to it?

Is this the part you are talking about?
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/t...back-pad-core-1
partwerks
Has anyone used this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...=item58a9000a74
Mikey914
We have the person for $25 That can be molded and glued in plac3 if you want just that.
Let me know.
Thx
Mark
partwerks
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 4 2019, 07:24 PM) *

We have the person for $25 That can be molded and glued in plac3 if you want just that.
Let me know.
Thx
Mark

Could you post a link to what you are talking about?
Mikey914
I have to get it listed up, but it’s a moldable section of person that can be cut to fit and glued onto the metal or plastic should you so choose.
jcd914
QUOTE(partwerks @ Apr 4 2019, 08:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 4 2019, 07:24 PM) *

Let me know.
Thx
Mark

Could you post a link to what you are talking about?

Maybe Mark is trying to say "perlon" and it is getting autocorrected to "person".

As mentioned earlier ”There are kits out there that use Perlon carpet which has more give" .

Jim
Matty900
I did the perlon on the new backpad cores in my car and I really like how it turned out. And I still have my light in the center.
This was me putting it in my build thread http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...587&st=580#
Matty900
From a few days ago
Matty900
Best view of it
AHudson
QUOTE(partwerks @ Mar 24 2019, 02:20 PM) *

Why is 914Rubber selling molded persons? smile.gif Gotta love autocorrect.

I think you've gotten excellent suggestions and help here, but since my interior fell out (long story, starts with "...let me just take out that pedal cluster" and I think you know the rest) I snapped these.

Keep in mind that that the measurements are off slightly due to the 80 mil sound deadening applied. If you need more exact, happy to get those for you, but it sounds like your issue is resolved.

Pics show distance from inner rocker to each screw, then height from floor in other pic. Hope this helps.
xperu
QUOTE(partwerks @ Apr 4 2019, 09:26 PM) *

I installed in my car several years ago. Fits really well over sound dreading material. Mike
Mikey914
Yes you can put the perlon over the sound deadening, but if the base you are putting it over is uneven it will show.
partwerks
Picking up up tomorrow, and will take a closer look to see if the sound deadening material is on smooth, and go from there.

I don't need the light, as I just put in a rear view mirror with a map light.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GREY-STITCH-BACK-W...KkAAOSw2~Jbkjds

Please note this item is for the leather skin covers only that can be glued over the original covers or replaces the old back pad rear wall covers

I wonder how that engine lid realease cable fits in there at? I don't see anyplace where it would go?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.