Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Terry Cable Clutch Cable Disaster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
Has anyone other than me had bad luck with Terry Cables? The one I installed stretched constantly, felt "spongy", and had what I can only describe as "high friction". I put in a cheap Cofle clutch cable and it feels like a million bucks.

-Aaron
mark04usa
I noticed the same problem with a Terry cable...so much friction within that heavy cable, I didn't run with it very long.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(mark04usa @ Mar 24 2019, 09:35 PM) *

I noticed the same problem with a Terry cable...so much friction within that heavy cable, I didn't run with it very long.

agree.gif Not reliable at all. Is there a 914Rubber replacement yet ? smile.gif
wndsrfr
Genuine Porsche...really better construction and feel..get it from your dealer....
bdstone914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 25 2019, 04:49 AM) *

QUOTE(mark04usa @ Mar 24 2019, 09:35 PM) *

agree.gif Not reliable at all. Is there a 914Rubber replacement yet ? smile.gif

@mikey914
bdstone914
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Mar 24 2019, 08:10 PM) *

Has anyone other than me had bad luck with Terry Cables? The one I installed stretched constantly, felt "spongy", and had what I can only describe as "high friction". I put in a cheap Cofle clutch cable and it feels like a million bucks.

-Aaron

Aaron,
I would give them a call at 800.854.4691 and report the problem.

Anyone have experience with the accelerator cable?
I heard they use less but larger diameter strands.

I have one of their clutch cables i was going to use but am going to hold off on that.

@914sixer @yeahmag
@mikey914
76-914
popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
This is what I'm running into on our version. The issue is a matter of clearances can the way they join the sheath together. I think I have a solution that I will be trying this week. If it works and I can get some testing in on it I'll be able to begin production.
Mark
mgphoto
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Mar 25 2019, 05:53 AM) *

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Mar 24 2019, 08:10 PM) *

-Aaron

Aaron,
I would give them a call at 800.854.4691 and report the problem.

Anyone have experience with the accelerator cable?
I heard they use less but larger diameter strands.

I have one of their clutch cables i was going to use but am going to hold off on that.

@914sixer @yeahmag
@mikey914

Haven’t figured the reply thing?

I’ve been using the accelerator cable from Terry for about a year, the cable is similar to the clutch cable multiple strands braided together.

I’ve never had that kind of problem with a Terry cable, I would check the tunnel guide tube welds and check for interference between the clutch release fork and the transmission case. Often times when the flywheel is resurfaced and the corresponding amount of material is not used under the clutch fork pivot ball, that causes the fork/case interference. An additional washer under the ball usually does the trick but you have to use sealant on the threads and washers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.