Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT Has Something Changed with the Email Topic Alerts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
Has Something Changed with the Email New Topic & New Post Forum Alerts? confused24.gif

.... or did I do something to change them? blink.gif

Up until a few days ago they always showed a summary text only of the poster, post, title & the text - but not for the past few days.

If it's a change, then IMHO Andy, the more info ones were more useful to cull out which ones I want/need to look at, but now I have to go to the site for each & every one.

If the summary info can be restored - how do I change my settings, or can the Guru set them back to show summary info if it's a site-wide change?

TIA beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mark Henry
Likely you did something, check your settings.
I don't get alerts/following, because that's how I have it set.
mb911
I don't even know how to get alerts if people respond to my threads.
SirAndy
I changed the notification and summary email format because people simply don't understand that the real messages are on 914world.

People constantly reply to the notification emails because they think the people mentioned in the email summary are actually sending them an email ...
headbang.gif

Tom_T
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 25 2019, 01:42 PM) *

I changed the notification and summary email format because people simply don't understand that the real messages are on 914world.

People constantly reply to the notification emails because they think the people mentioned in the email summary are actually sending them an email ...
headbang.gif

So Andy,

We that are NOT stuck-on-stupid, must suffer the consequences of those who are!? blink.gif dry.gif

If you could add a clarifying note & "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" in order to straighten those folks out - & then still have the summaries - that would be greatly appreciated.

It would probably also cut down on a ton of random log-ons by everybody looking to see what the message is about.

The way you had them before was actually the most efficient & intelligent way to do forum/topic notifications, just too bad that some folks didn't get it! sad.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 25 2019, 01:59 PM) *
We that are NOT stuck-on-stupid, must suffer the consequences of those who are!? blink.gif dry.gif

Yes ...

If you could add a clarifying note & "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" in order to straighten those folks out

Already did that, shows how carefully *you* read those emails ...
biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 25 2019, 02:09 PM) *

If you could add a clarifying note & "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" in order to straighten those folks out

Already did that, shows how carefully *you* read those emails ...
biggrin.gif

No I did read that smile.gif - I meant to ADD a clarifying note to to that, to the effect of something like:

"This is NOT an email from the member named below, you must click on the link & go to the actual Topic Post in order to answer the Poster."

... which is probably about what you told those who were answering the email notices!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
euro911
Hmmm ... that sucks when I'm sorting through the email notifications on my cell phone dry.gif

Can't we just ban the people who don't 'get it' and are replying to the emails? idea.gif

laugh.gif
doug_b_928
I agree. I much preferred it the other way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.