Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bursch exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
There are (6) of these 30 year old NOS exhaust systems for sale from a reputable vendor on eBay. I've never seen this type before......are they for 1.7, 2.0 or 1.8L cars? I'm assuming they're pretty loud....correct?Click to view attachment
URY914
I had one on my car when I was in college. It was loud. Makes it sound more like a VW than it is.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Cal @ Mar 25 2019, 05:48 PM) *

There are (6) of these 30 year old NOS exhaust systems for sale from a reputable vendor on eBay. I've never seen this type before......are they for 1.7, 2.0 or 1.8L cars? I'm assuming they're pretty loud....correct?Click to view attachment

Also still retains the low-temp NOS black paint; rated at 10/10>> burns off in 10 minutes or 10 feet blink.gif
Dave_Darling
Just one little glass pack? Yeah, probably on the loud side.

Can't tell if it's a 1.7 (also 74 1.8) or a 2.0 version without measuring the distance between the muffler flanges.

It's obviously not a 75-76 one, but that's about all we can tell from the pics.

I think these used to be sold as "Sebring" mufflers.

--DD
maf914
Those don't look like Bursch exhausts. Bursch uses a 4-2-1 collector arrangement. These are 4 into 1 collectors. Plus the direction of the collector is opposite to the Bursch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NEVER-MOUNTED-...=item546c500465

http://www.burschexhaust.com/914/
Mark Henry
That's a low budget VW van collector.
Optimusglen
I'll echo maf914, I have a Bursch on mine currently, only someone replaced the muffler portion with an off-the-shelf item.

IPB Image

It may be the last time my car is posted with this exhaust though, I have a new exhaust from Ben that should be here in a few weeks I hope, before the car makes it's first springtime jaunt.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 26 2019, 12:22 AM) *

Just one little glass pack? Yeah, probably on the loud side.

Can't tell if it's a 1.7 (also 74 1.8) or a 2.0 version without measuring the distance between the muffler flanges.

It's obviously not a 75-76 one, but that's about all we can tell from the pics.

I think these used to be sold as "Sebring" mufflers.

--DD

Dave,

That's not a Sebring exhaust. Betty's car had one for a long time before we put a Bursch on it. The Sebring muffler setup pulls all 4 pipes to the center, and then uses a single pipe to the muffler. And the outboard tip end of the Sebring muffler is not supported. It just bounces around out there.

Clay
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes those are the loud ones no one wants anymore

QUOTE(Cal @ Mar 25 2019, 05:48 PM) *

GeorgeRud
I had one on my ‘74 2.0 that I got from Performance Products. It was loud and the glass pack blew out pretty quickly. I don’t think it provided any performance advantage over the orig8nal muffler.
maf914
Sebring exhaust from the Pelican site. Also known as Tri Mil (AC Industries) per the description on Pelican.
Mark Henry
What's this one? I have two of them one almost new and one new.
Came with teenhulks 914.
HansJan
This is what came on my car when I bought it. It's almost the same as the one you are looking at.
Super-Duper loud. There is no-way I could drive that around town with a straight face.. But the car felt significantly slower after mounting a Sebring exhaust.

This could be an ilusion of course. As the noice itself is cranking up the hearthrate.

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
In post #12, if that exhaust came with those HEs, they're the 1.7/1.8 versions. The more standard muffler would be an improvement. Priced right, it's better than a rusted up piece of junk. If the HE piping is solid those parts are the start of backdate/decent heat package.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Mar 28 2019, 01:30 PM) *

In post #12, if that exhaust came with those HEs, they're the 1.7/1.8 versions. The more standard muffler would be an improvement. Priced right, it's better than a rusted up piece of junk. If the HE piping is solid those parts are the start of backdate/decent heat package.

I know that biggrin.gif
Going in the wife's new teen,
Talk about backdating that's replacing the 1-3/4" tangerine system that's in it now. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.