Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brembo 3” front brake calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mepstein
Brembo front brake calipers for 3” struts. Rarely available polished and clear anodized version. Sold with Porterfield pads and hardware. Restored by PMB. $895 + 15 ship.

Eric Shea / PMB Performance says it best.

“I get so excited about this stuff…

I guess it goes back to the years when I remember having a 911 with the lowly T-struts (which I actually love now). I remember searching high and low for a caliper upgrade but around every corner there was no true bolt on upgrade for the 3" spacing.

Although I no longer have any cars with the 3" struts, I finally found a "real" upgrade, a "real" bolt on solution that meets my entire criterion for an acceptable swap from the stock M-Caliper.

Here's the low-down: These Brembos have a 3" bolt spacing and the exact same offset as the M-Caliper. This means they'll simply bolt right on. When I say bolt on I mean... all the way. They even fit with the standard dust shields. The fluid inlet is aimed right up at the tab on the strut for a direct in.

They have the same 48mm piston as the M-Caliper, S-Caliper and the later A-Caliper. What's cool about this is, they are the later "cup" type piston with no knock-back mechanism to deal with. The cup design offers better cooling with much more surface area than the standard M and S-Caliper pistons. Also nice is the fact that this won't throw off your fluid dynamics with your current Master Cylinder. Again, Bolt on!

The pad size is much larger than the M-Caliper pad. They are the same width as the A and S-Caliper pads but not as tall... (only slightly, like 2mm or so). If anyone is familiar with the BMW 320i pad size, these are the same. Another nicety, as I mentioned that these add up in all areas as a true bolt-on upgrade is; with this basic pad size (which has been proven with the S-Caliper and A-Caliper) there is no over stress of the standard 20mm rotor which obviously lived on all 911's through 1983.

They weigh in a full 4lbs lighter than the M-Caliper so there goes a good chunk of un-sprung weight (yes, they're aluminum!). Did I say "Bolt on upgrade!"?

You simply take your M-Calipers off and stick them on the shelf (in a plastic bag of course) for posterity sake, bolt these on, bleed the system (you know you should do that this year anyway) and you'd be good to go.”
forrestkhaag
A thing of beauty! icon_bump.gif
Chi-town
Alfa calipers are nice units, it's what I'm running also
pete000
Stunning !
mepstein
Sold
mgphoto
Next time dude mention that you’re desperate, not cool.
mepstein
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Apr 5 2019, 08:35 PM) *

I was not desperate or uncool. This was a sale and I’m sorry you missed out but you are trying to make rules for my sale without even telling me what the rules are. I was not obligated to contact you a week after you contacted me but I did and asked you to contact me by noon the next day. You didn’t so I went to the next buyer who had actually already sent me money but I told him I needed to wait a bit on you. So you are complaining about 16 hours notice but that 16 hours was me trying to be nice. I had no obligation to contact you after a week and ask if you still wanted to buy. So if you are going to post on my thread about me not being cool or desperate, at least explain the facts.

Feel free to post every PM between us.
mgphoto
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 5 2019, 06:13 PM) *

I was not desperate or uncool. This was a sale and I’m sorry you missed out but you are trying to make rules for my sale without even telling me what the rules are. I was not obligated to contact you a week after you contacted me but I did and asked you to contact me by noon the next day. You didn’t so I went to the next buyer who had actually already sent me money but I told him I needed to wait a bit on you. So you are complaining about 16 hours notice but that 16 hours was me trying to be nice. I had no obligation to contact you after a week and ask if you still wanted to buy. So if you are going to post on my thread about me not being cool or desperate, at least explain the facts.

Drop dead
mb911
dry.gif
gcrotvik
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Apr 6 2019, 05:45 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 5 2019, 06:13 PM) *

Drop dead

Not cool.
mgphoto
So far I spent 10 words on this guy, he sent 3 + paragraphs on why he is fair, I haven’t read any of them. I’m done with him, I can buy them retail for the same price.
Get over it, I have.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.