Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Metric Bolts Nuts ect
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rstover
I was looking for a 6mm x15mm bolt and nut at my local auto parts store and they didn't have them. He told me to go to Home Depot and I said "What???". Sure nough. Accross from the fastners were some cabinets with a fair selection metric bolts nuts and washers. They also had some rubber washers, fiber washers and other screws ect. I have not spent time checking it out because I found this out late in my project. I have no idea if this is common at all Home Depots. I hope this can help someone. I wish I had known sooner.
914Sixer
Lowes and ACE have a better selection.
bbrock
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 26 2019, 05:45 PM) *

agree.gif but M6x15 is a rare bird. Even Belmetric doesn't have them. I've had to sub M6x16.
rstover
QUOTE(bbrock @ Mar 26 2019, 06:50 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 26 2019, 05:45 PM) *

agree.gif but M6x15 is a rare bird. Even Belmetric doesn't have them. I've had to sub M6x16.

It may have not been 15 length exactly that I found.
rstover
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 26 2019, 06:45 PM) *

I did not know that Lowes had metric.
mepstein
QUOTE(rstover @ Mar 26 2019, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 26 2019, 06:45 PM) *

I did not know that Lowes had metric.

In our area, Home Depot is better than Lowe’s. We have both next door to each other. eBay and Amazon actually have large selections.
bbrock
In my area, both Lowes and Home Depot kind of suck for metric but they sometimes surprise me by having things not found at the better suppliers in the area. In my neighborhood, Ace is the place, or a regional lumber chain that carries about the same selection as Ace. Fastenal is pretty good too but a bit out of the way.
GeorgeRud
McMaster-Carr is another source, though usually in larger quantities.
Mark Henry
Home Debit has the little M5 screws to hold the bottom cylinder air deflectors to the head.
Here we have Home Hardware which has a better selection of metric than HD.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.