Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help me find this 914.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PASHN8
Hi guys,

Have recently purchased this '71 914 in Melbourne, Australia. It was imported to Australia from the US by the previous owner in 2008. VIN No. 4712901419. Car is guards red, but was delivered new in L96E Gemini Blue.
It has California plates still on it 6DHE420.

I've attached a couple of pics in the hope someone may recognise it, or know of a previous owner that I could chat with and find out a bit of history about it. Car runs very nicely, and was restored not that long ago given its condition and mileage.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thank you,
Dino.
SirAndy
Can't help you with the car, but welcome.png

bye1.gif

Tom_T
Dino,

You can use the VR (Vehicle Registration) Info Request Form at the link below, with the appropriate fee, to get the historical record of the vehicle's registered owners from California DMV - so long as it hadn't gone unregistered for more than 7 years.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/forms/inf/inf70

Note that those are not the original plates for the car, which would've been blue with yellow letters/numbers (only 6 digits) - if it were sold new in Calif.

You can also use your VIN to search the VIN database on this site, & may turn up some past owners.

Good Luck!

welcome.png .... in the land of "Footie"! smile.gif

Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
lierofox
Bit of an off topic question, but, are the front turn signal lenses in upside down?
PASHN8
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 30 2019, 02:50 PM) *

Can't help you with the car, but welcome.png

bye1.gif

Hi Andy and thank you smile.gif
PASHN8
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 30 2019, 02:56 PM) *

Dino,

You can use the VR (Vehicle Registration) Info Request Form at the link below, with the appropriate fee, to get the historical record of the vehicle's registered owners from California DMV - so long as it hadn't gone unregistered for more than 7 years.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/forms/inf/inf70

Note that those are not the original plates for the car, which would've been blue with yellow letters/numbers (only 6 digits) - if it were sold new in Calif.

You can also use your VIN to search the VIN database on this site, & may turn up some past owners.

Good Luck!

welcome.png .... in the land of "Footie"! smile.gif

Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Many thanks Tom, I will do some research down that route and see what comes up, hopefully something?
PASHN8
QUOTE(lierofox @ Mar 30 2019, 03:40 PM) *

Bit of an off topic question, but, are the front turn signal lenses in upside down?

I never noticed, but now that you mention it, yes! biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
welcome.png

arent you upside down anyways ?
maf914
welcome.png

Check the air pressure in your right rear. laugh.gif
carking1996
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 30 2019, 12:57 AM) *

welcome.png

arent you upside down anyways ?

Yes, the signal lenses are correct for him wink.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(PASHN8 @ Mar 30 2019, 05:54 PM) *

QUOTE(lierofox @ Mar 30 2019, 03:40 PM) *

I never noticed, but now that you mention it, yes! biggrin.gif

welcome.png do you have to do much for compliance to get it on the road in Australia?,was thinking you may need to change the indicator lenses to euro spec and fit a high stop brake light for instance.
We have all sorts of strange compliance rules here and understand you guys are the same or worse.
By the way looks like a nice car beerchug.gif
PASHN8

welcome.png do you have to do much for compliance to get it on the road in Australia?,was thinking you may need to change the indicator lenses to euro spec and fit a high stop brake light for instance.
We have all sorts of strange compliance rules here and understand you guys are the same or worse.
By the way looks like a nice car beerchug.gif

Thanks mate. I'm not sure yet, as I haven't put it through compliance, and to be honest, don't think i'll bother and just put it on a club permit to enjoy it. Won't get driven that much anyway.
jagalyn
Nice looking car...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.