Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
When you get a notification(!) email from 914world that looks like the one below, please read the very first line in that email and try to understand the meaning of the words.
headbang.gif

PS: Do i sound bitter? Demeaning even? Well yes, yes i do, thanks for asking ...

Sent: Friday, March 29, 2019 5:52 PM
To: xxxxxxxx@gmail.com
Subject: You have a new personal message ( 914World.com )

*** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ***

xxxxxxxx,
yyyyyyyy has sent you a new personal message on 914world.com!

You can read the message by following the link below:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...p;MSID=abcdefgh

Regards,

The 914World.com team.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php

Tom_T
Andy -

You may have to directly contact the particular offender(s) of this, since it's apparently spread from the topic notice emails, to the PMs now. Because there must be just a few clueless members out there, unless ....

Is there any chance that it could be a bot or hacker causing you grief on this? confused24.gif

If just a DAM dry.gif , then sorry you have to go thru it! sad.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Mar 29 2019, 09:08 PM) *
Is there any chance that it could be a bot or hacker causing you grief on this? confused24.gif

No, people actually reply with question, pictures, stories about their dog, you name it, they write it.

All in a reply to a notification email that clearly states "DO NOT REPLY".
wacko.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 30 2019, 02:20 PM) *

No, people actually reply with question, pictures, stories about their dog, you name it, they write it.

wacko.gif

I've done it on pelican since the email notification includes the response from the sender. It's just automatic to reply. At least we now know how to annoy Andy.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 30 2019, 11:29 AM) *
I've done it on pelican since the email notification includes the response from the sender. It's just automatic to reply. At least we now know how to annoy Andy.

That's why i removed the actual content and added the "DO NOT REPLY" in all caps at the beginning of the email.

Apparently, that still isn't enough ...
dry.gif
worn
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 30 2019, 10:20 AM) *

wacko.gif

Hmmm, I can email you photos of my guinea pig. But only if I get a notification to do so. Thanks for not chucking the whole lot of us.
AZBanks
So, what are you trying to say?
What is your point?
Stop being so circumspect and wishy-washy.
You need to try to be a little more direct if you want people to understand what you are saying.

No reply needed.
Millerwelds
I am starting to sense a lack of empathy from Andy for those who can't read or comprehend...

Click to view attachment
r_towle
I am so hopeful I get one now.
Just so I can reply, knowing only Andy can read it smile.gif
EdwardBlume
What exactly does "reply" mean, and how does one go about "not" doing it? poke.gif
7TPorsh
Hey Andy, at work we have used a couple things to thwart this:

If possible within the platform:

- Add "DO NOT REPLY" as a prefix in the Subject Line.
- Make it look like it came from DoNotReply@914world.com
- Return an Undelivered Error email if a reply is sent.

Good luck!
mb911
And we are all replying to this after it says do not reply In the title??
Mark Henry
I didn't have the time to read this, but I take it you reply even if it says do not reply?
It can't be donut reply...that would be sticky in the DVD drive....

Anyways I promise to reply.

slap.gif
happy11.gif
Nogoodwithusernames
MB911 has it right, 12 replies to this thread that CLEARLY and in BOLD LETTERING, says "Do not reply"? lol-2.gif Might need to make that a little bigger for everyone dead horse.gif

But also many thanks (again and again) to Andy for putting up with all of us so we have a place to solve our many problems (some 914 related and some not) beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.