Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield trim
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bobboinski
What is the best source for windshield trim? I know many vendors have it available but is there a difference in quality? Currently have rubber gasket but would like to go back to something more original.

Thanks Bob
ConeDodger
Sometimes Stoddards NLA seems to have it...
914_7T3
Bought the entire kit Genuine Porsche from Sierra Madre Collection and yes quality makes a difference as the Non-OEM clips break easily.
HansJan
QUOTE(bobboinski @ Mar 29 2019, 11:11 PM) *

What is the best source for windshield trim? I know many vendors have it available but is there a difference in quality? Currently have rubber gasket but would like to go back to something more original.

Thanks Bob

Please remember that the entire windshield needs to come out, to place the hardware that holds the trim in-place.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
We buy from the original guy in Germany who made it for porsche

QUOTE(bobboinski @ Mar 29 2019, 09:11 PM) *

Thanks Bob
wes
If you’re talking about the aluminum trim that surrounds the windshield I bought mine from Porsche a perfect fit also the new windshield from Porsche.
larryM
what about this?

from 914Rubber

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/9...-914-541-219-11

Thanks Bob

mepstein
I purchased 2 sets from 914rubber. They look great but I have not installed yet.
QUOTE(larryM @ Mar 30 2019, 02:53 PM) *

what about this?

from 914Rubber

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/9...-914-541-219-11

Thanks Bob

bobboinski
Thanks for all the replies. Tried to find it at Porsche but didn't come up. Will try again might have gotten part #s wrong. That would be my first choice although have had only good results with 914rubber products.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.