Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beach Boys Racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Saw this today. Guy just traded a vintage Mercedes for it.he has the build sheet and previous registration and it was built for Jeremy Renner the actor. He is his assistant apparently... V8, sounds amazing and runs like a top.
2mAn
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 31 2019, 01:49 PM) *

Saw this today. Guy just traded a vintage Mercedes for it.he has the build sheet and previous registration and it was built for Jeremy Renner the actor. He is his assistant apparently... V8, sounds amazing and runs like a top.

Ive seen one other Beach Boys version and it wasnt bad. This one looks pretty awesome, the rear scoops are likely functional and needed, but are the only thing I wish looked better.
wes
I saw this on Facebook although not my cup of tea looks great best one I’ve ever seen!
mepstein
What is it confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 31 2019, 02:22 PM) *

agree.gif
jagalyn
Not a 914... at least not anymore.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 31 2019, 06:47 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 31 2019, 02:22 PM) *

agree.gif

I think BBR called the Monterey. Fit and finish is very good. I think the only made 160 or so and some were convertibles and others were speedsters like this one. As I said, Jeremy Renner had this one made. It has a 473XX VIN. Sorry Andy, I’ll get the whole VIN and put it in the registry next event. With that V8, it sounds like a super car.
Dion
944,914, MR2,Fiero hybrid. barf.gif It might sound good but
aesthetically..... ok beauty in the eye of the beholder.
beerchug.gif
Steve
I was at Porsche’s 50th at Monterey when it debut. Beautiful car.
BBR was also Venice Beach Auto Body next to Otto’s in Venice beach. I used to visit there shop a lot when John Williamson aka Otto was alive.
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
QUOTE(2mAn @ Mar 31 2019, 12:54 PM) *

Ive seen one other Beach Boys version and it wasnt bad. This one looks pretty awesome, the rear scoops are likely functional and needed, but are the only thing I wish looked better.

If you look at the vintage ad above the side scoops had fins on them...that’s probably what’s missing.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Mar 31 2019, 04:05 PM) *

QUOTE(2mAn @ Mar 31 2019, 12:54 PM) *

If you look at the vintage ad above the side scoops had fins on them...that’s probably what’s missing.

Maybe like on my "Buttercup"?Click to view attachment
My 914
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Mar 31 2019, 05:53 PM) *

Not a 914... at least not anymore.

agree.gif

Not much 914 there anymore. I would call it a hybrid.
Steve
agree.gif Like the Rayco, Chalon, slant nose, etc. they were very cool in the 80's. Definitely not as popular now. Most people these days want the vintage / GT look.
Beebo Kanelle
I always thought that the change in the windshield angle on these (or any 914) made the car look really good.
My 914
I agree. I have always thought that the 914 top is a little too tall and upright and that a more angled windshield and slightly chopped top gives the car a better shape.
jagalyn
Some value a modified car... others a stock original. Anything that resembles something that came from the factory, whether original or a modified car will always be more valuable that an aftermarket car.
thelogo
Its now a f355 basically

Funny how once you add v8 , rake the windshield
Add huge tires and tacky body cladding
You get a supercar from what used to be a
(914-4 not a supercar)

Now im really seeing how closely related the
914/8 and f355 are
DRPHIL914
it looks to me like a Boxster and a 944 had a baby,
front is 944ish, rear is boxster but uglier scoops , but overall, I really like the car,
I just don't look at it like a 914 because it isn't, but as its own entity its pretty cool.
ConeDodger
Here’s Jeremy Renner actually driving the car...
mepstein
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Apr 1 2019, 12:31 PM) *

Here’s Jeremy Renner actually driving the car...

Imagine how much he would like a Porsche 914 happy11.gif
cali914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 31 2019, 12:49 PM) *

I wonder what they did to increase the strength of the from windshield?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(cali914 @ Apr 1 2019, 02:56 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 31 2019, 12:49 PM) *

I wonder what they did to increase the strength of the from windshield?

Probably nothing. I don’t think these were an engineering exercise. blink.gif
Steve
There's no roll bar, besides your head. That windshield will collapse quick.
73-914
sheeplove.gif barf.gif sheeplove.gif WTF.gif barf.gif
cali914
QUOTE(Steve @ Apr 1 2019, 02:57 PM) *

There's no roll bar, besides your head. That windshield will collapse quick.

That is a death machine if that is the case. I hope they reinforced down at the base of the window in case of a roll over. It seems logical to go through all that trouble.
Steve
Reinforcing the window will not help much. Have you ever seen pictures of a 914 rollover? The windshield always collapses to the height of the rear targa bar. Even then most racing sanctioning bodies still require a roll bar in a 914. I have seen roll bars in BBR cars and it is butt ugly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.