Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Key Fob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
OK,

I have a very industrious 17 year old who does incredible things.......but sometimes with material that is more valuable than the result. dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

I had the '74 re-keyed, (typical garage find with no keys) I purchased the correct blanks and had them cut to the car. I believe the blanks were around $35 each.....ouch! This was my very first 914 part purchase, be nice......

My son decided to modify one of them - my initial reaction (which I did not vocalize) was negative but I am warming up to this version. What do you think?

Click to view attachment
jagalyn

Coming from your son... invaluable. Priceless.
gandalf_025
Well, you at least have to give him an "A" for effort....
mepstein
20 years from now it will be priceless to you. beerchug.gif
infraredcalvin
Well worth another $35...
Dion
I like it! Also agree with Marks sentiments.

Lucky9146
I'd be proud! He is doing something related to cars and not thumbing his cell phone. smile.gif

When my son was in school he made a mirror etching of a 911 and I framed it and it hangs on the wall still some 30 years later. What higher complement than for him to do something related to your passion!
driving.gif white914.jpg
Unobtanium-inc
That is cool!
Coondog
Get him to do those in wood and I am a buyer.... smile.gif
wes
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 1 2019, 06:53 AM) *

I very much agree the older I get the more I feel for these funny little memories.
Big Len
Love it.
Mikey914
At least you 'll know it's YOUR key. as there are no others like it. biggrin.gif
Chris914n6
I like it. I might even copy it to go with my wood shift knob and steering wheel.

On the other hand... I would let him know that his project that he did not get permission for was a $35 special order key not a $2 parts store cheapo. Call it teaching the value of time and money.
Jamie
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Apr 1 2019, 05:31 AM) *

OK,

I have a very industrious 17 year old who does incredible things.......but sometimes with material that is more valuable than the result. dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

I had the '74 re-keyed, (typical garage find with no keys) I purchased the correct blanks and had them cut to the car. I believe the blanks were around $35 each.....ouch! This was my very first 914 part purchase, be nice......

My son decided to modify one of them - my initial reaction (which I did not vocalize) was negative but I am warming up to this version. What do you think?

Click to view attachment

Lighten up old man, the kid tried to do something meaningful for you, so give him some love! first.gif
My 914
It's beautiful.
RickS
Love it, but would suggest he stain it so I would love it more.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 1 2019, 08:53 AM) *

agree.gif
ctc911ctc
*******UPDATE********

Here is the product in action:
Click to view attachment

QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Apr 1 2019, 07:31 AM) *

OK,

Click to view attachment

sixnotfour
smilie_pokal.gif pray.gif driving.gif
whitetwinturbo
......my dad pretty much just dismissed me as "slow, not smart, never made any money" and other negative comments most of his life.

Attention dads/moms:

Children are your miracles............and when they do something for you it's their way of loving you back....so time to keeping paying it forward wub.gif
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(jagalyn @ Apr 1 2019, 09:45 AM) *

Coming from your son... invaluable. Priceless.

agree.gif
lvnzdrm
It’s all about being different, great conversation starter.
Larmo63
I like your new key!!

I hope this thread has changed your mind a bit.

Now you can think of your son every time you use that key.
Larmo63
My son made this Porsche art for me as a Father's Day gift years ago....I cherish them!!

Click to view attachment
pvollma
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Apr 1 2019, 09:31 AM) *

Would be great if he remade it with polished ivory and scrimshawed the logo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.