Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay fuel strainer kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shane
Hi, wanting to replace a worn aluminum strainer nut and replace the strainer screen and washers. But I noticed the washers are copper. I know it’s been asked before but is anneald copper washers Okay? If not can I just buy a couple fiber washers somewhere to replace the ones in the kit? Thanks in advance for your input.
This is the eBay kit https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=htt...%2F231867072992
Tbrown4x4
They look like fiber washers to me. Call George and ask him.
rhodyguy
agree.gif
shane
The picture of them definitely looks like fiber washers, but the listing says copper. I guess I’ll end up using what the kit comes with.
raynekat
I think they should be copper. Belmetric carries all the sizes you need.
fasthonda
My experience is I couldn't get fiber washers to seal and the copper ones worked.
shane
New fiber washers worked for me but I pulled everything apart to clean the tank and they didn’t seal the second time, Shouldn’t have tried to reuse them.
Mike Bellis
Nothing wrong with copper washers. Just take a blow torch to them before installation. (let them cool first)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.