Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LA - area paint shop reccos?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

I'm planning on shipping my car out west for the rally and other stuff this summer. There's an annoying large ding (with missing paint) on the hood which I'd love to repair between the rally in June and the Quail / Monterey in August.

Any reccos for reasonably fast and fair body/paint guys welcome. My car is Ravenna, which isn't the easiest color to match, so probably need an experienced shop.

Thanks!
914_teener
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Apr 3 2019, 09:19 AM) *

Hi Guys,

I'm planning on shipping my car out west for the rally and other stuff this summer. There's an annoying large ding (with missing paint) on the hood which I'd love to repair between the rally in June and the Quail / Monterey in August.

Any reccos for reasonably fast and fair body/paint guys welcome. My car is Ravenna, which isn't the easiest color to match, so probably need an experienced shop.

Thanks!

If you are going to the WCR I remember a pretty good shop in the Monrovia area.

I'll have to look it up. Or if Kent has space, ship it to him.

ValcoOscar
Ship it to me Ian.. I can handle paint and storage. You can pay paint shop directly and I'll store it at my house until August.

It will cost you a beer.gif at WCR.

Oscar
Coondog
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 3 2019, 09:33 AM) *

Ship it to me Ian.. I can handle paint and storage. You can pay paint shop directly and I'll store it at my house until August.

Oscar

Oscar Rocks first.gif beer.gif first.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Coondog @ Apr 3 2019, 09:53 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 3 2019, 09:33 AM) *

Oscar

Oscar Rocks first.gif beer.gif first.gif

Careful @Cuddy_k as @ValcoOscar is probably going to paint it himself in his new paint booth or something like that poke.gif
iankarr
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 3 2019, 12:33 PM) *

Oscar

@valcoOscar

OSCAR!!!! you are indeed amazing. SO appreciative. I know my car will be in great hands. Only problem is...you're making the rest of us look bad. wink.gif

Just to clarify...I was talking about the Ramble. Not enough time to get out there for the Rally. I will buy you all the beverages you want.

Will PM you once I have more info.... Thanks again!

My shipper thanks you, too...as I think you just tipped the scales on me actually doing this.
ValcoOscar
Perfect...all good. I appreciate this site and the friends I've made more than you know.

Oscar
drem914
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Apr 3 2019, 10:50 AM) *
OSCAR!!!! you are indeed amazing. SO appreciative. I know my car will be in great hands. Only problem is...you're making the rest of us look bad. wink.gif

agree.gif
whitetwinturbo
QUOTE(drem914 @ Apr 3 2019, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Apr 3 2019, 10:50 AM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif beerchug.gif agree.gif
Tdskip
I have a shop I’ve used it twice in Orange County that does good work, there moderately priced. Not Maaco but not 15 grand either.
914-300Hemi
I am also looking to get the car painted soon.
76-914
Hmmm. Maybe we can get a group buy on painting our 914's? biggrin.gif
barnfind9141972
QUOTE(Tdskip @ May 3 2019, 11:19 AM) *

I have a shop I’ve used it twice in Orange County that does good work, there moderately priced. Not Maaco but not 15 grand either.

Hi @tdskip , any info on that body shop? Need some body work and paint done on a barn find. Thanks!
Robarabian
@tdskip Id like a referral as well..
Montreal914
I like the paint group buy idea biggrin.gif

Currently in the process of preparing my car for this.

I am looking at Foreign Motors Body Shop in Temple City who did my friends '68 911. They also did Aaron's car @yeahmag . I will definitely be looking for options between the Maaco and the $15k. popcorn[1].gif
Tdskip
The shop is called Miracle Design in Santa Ana, owner is Rod.

PLEASE make sure to mention that Tom D referred you.

They only do it one way - bare metal. If you are looking for a quick overspray they aren’t a good choice.
Mike Bellis
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
MM1
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Apr 3 2019, 02:28 PM) *

Perfect...all good. I appreciate this site and the friends I've made more than you know.

Oscar

Ditto beerchug.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Tdskip @ May 3 2019, 11:19 AM) *

They are 15G! At least 15G is what they quoted me + any rust repair was extra. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.