Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jacobs ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
injunmort
does anyone know anything about Jacobs electronics (midland tx) elec. ignition for 914? thank you
rhodyguy
Cures all jetting issues, as the ads used to read, is off the mark.
Mark Henry
Used one a customer bought back in the 90's I found some of the claims dubious at best. I believe one claim was it could detect if the combustion goes out prematurely and reignite it. I call BS, multi spark maybe, but it's not detecting poop.

It's a CDI, just like MSD, Crane, permatune, bosch, etc.
injunmort
thanks for replies. just picked up a car with this ignition & 36mm webers on a 75 1.8l. hoping to find some info.
rhodyguy
Does the car have the blue spark plug wires from Jacob?
brant
I'm running one on my street car
and it used to be Jason's

runs flawless
the same as Alison, or crane

brant
injunmort
no black wires, I hope I can get it running with this ignition.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 3 2019, 04:48 PM) *

Used one a customer bought back in the 90's I found some of the claims dubious at best. I believe one claim was it could detect if the combustion goes out prematurely and reignite it. I call BS, multi spark maybe, but it's not detecting poop.

It's a CDI, just like MSD, Crane, permatune, bosch, etc.

QUOTE(brant @ Apr 4 2019, 10:52 AM) *

I'm running one on my street car
and it used to be Jason's

runs flawless
the same as Alison, or crane

brant

If you have it run it.
I wasn't saying anything bad about it, seems to work good, I just didn't care for the 80's/90's magazine marketing spin.
injunmort
I hear you. I just just trying to cut one step out if resurrection(changing ignition). it does fire with go juice in the carbs, so maybe?
Tbrown4x4
An old roommate had a Jacobs setup on a 428 Ford. He flogged that thing and never had any ignition problems that I was aware of.

Like everyone else said, just run it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.