Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some help with a cam ID
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
I have a 2.0/4 with D-jet. I have no idea if this is the right cam, but it’s what’s in it now.

The front of the cam is stamped “B3” and “19” and the rear is stamped “CWC” and “EP 93”

It’s a JCS build, so the cam may well be aftermarket.

Any clue to what it is?

Thanks! beerchug.gif
Konrad
jcd914
I don't recognize the stamping's or the builder JCS.

The stock cam gear is riveted to the cam, so if yours is bolted on it is not stock.
But even if it is bolted on it may have been reground to different spec and then stamped.

With the right tools you can measure the lift and timing to calculate the profile but it is kind if a PITA and probably would only be close to an advertised profile.
Some machine shops could measure and calculate it for you or if you have a cam grinder in you area they could profile it.

Jim

Mark Henry
Was/is it running on Djet? Then it's a stock or very close to stock cam.
“CWC” and “EP 93” is just the cam blank manufacturer, numbers at the pump drive will be from the cam grinder.
krazykonrad
Its (was) running on D-jet. I'm putting it back together after an ill-conceived long block tear down, i.e. down to taking the pistons out, but not splitting the case.

The motor has never run quite right, which I now think was just a rusty distributor. Since I'm in here this deep, I figured I'd check on the cam to make sure it was the right one.

Thanks again,
Konrad
Mark Henry
Keep the lifters in order but take two lifters, hold them together face to face up to a light. Lifters are slightly convex so you should be able to see light at the outer edges.
No light, sitting flat to each other, they are done.
worn
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 4 2019, 09:50 AM) *

Keep the lifters in order but take two lifters, hold them together face to face up to a light. Lifters are slightly convex so you should be able to see light at the outer edges.
No light, sitting flat to each other, they are done.

Sounds like a trick I want to know. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.