Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NOS USA Tail LIght Assemblies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Scored these and I thought I would share. Been on shelf for 20 + years. Damm near priceless.
wes
Nice score!
mepstein
It's funny, a $50 taillight assembly that grown men will pay a small fortune. Nice find.
914_7T3
drooley.gif
914Sixer
Thinking they were about $100 new in the 1970's.
1970-1914
I got 2 new OEM replacements through a dealer (paid for by insurance in about 1992) and I was pretty shocked they were $480 for the pair Canadian. I think the “Porsche” reflector between them was $200 at the same time.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
good score, at least a thousand dollars worth, hope they are installed on a deserving car. We have many many many NOS 914 parts here that we will only sell if we know the car they will go on. These parts like the ones you bought deserve to be installed rather than just sitting on the shelf. That is what they were originally made for. Although when you visit it LOOKS like I am a 914 parts hoarder, I am really not! (LOL)
eric9144
Dealerships still had one side listed as avail within the last two years, they were somewhere in the $500-600 range for one assy complete.

I also have a set, new in the box, because yes, I'm a parts hoarder beerchug.gif

Great score, nothing beats NOS! first.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
maybe we should start a new NOS parts hoarder thread, and see who has what and maybe wants to sell it (hoarder implies that one does not want to sell but would be nice to see what is out there. For example I would buy a new set of Blaupunkt factory 914 speakers and a nos interior light for that 916 we have here.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 5 2019, 10:03 AM) *

Although when you visit it LOOKS like I am a 914 parts hoarder, I am really not! (LOL)

George.... Denial is not a river in Egypt. And the first step to a cure is admitting you have a problem. poke.gif poke.gif

Me, I admit I have a problem with hoarding 914 parts. But I have figured out that I don't want to be "cured", because I don't think its a bad thing. biggrin.gif

Clay
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you Doc, I needed that, yes I DO have a problem!!!!!! I was fondling a brand new old stock set of Solex carbs the other day, admiring the perfect cad plating and the choke tubes

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 6 2019, 03:53 AM) *

Although when you visit it LOOKS like I am a 914 parts hoarder, I am really not! (LOL)

George.... Denial is not a river in Egypt. And the first step to a cure is admitting you have a problem. poke.gif poke.gif

Me, I admit I have a problem with hoarding 914 parts. But I have figured out that I don't want to be "cured", because I don't think its a bad thing. biggrin.gif

Clay
Lucky9146
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 6 2019, 08:44 AM) *

Thank you Doc, I needed that, yes I DO have a problem!!!!!! I was fondling a brand new old stock set of Solex carbs the other day, admiring the perfect cad plating and the choke tubes

Clay

Hey George I think I saw those carbs on my tour while you were in Europe with Brutus.
driving.gif white914.jpg

ClayPerrine
Betty is affected too. She wanted to make a set of beautifully plated lug bolts into earrings, but they were just way too heavy.

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Apr 6 2019, 10:44 AM) *

Clay

Mark Henry
hijacked.gif

I scored euro lenses off of the wife's teen, look brand new, are the real ones the only ones stamped Hella?

This set definitely has the hella molded in and has the one oddball lens with one stud not threaded. Bottom outer stud.
EdwardBlume
Dam!
euro911
Nice pair of assemblies ya got there, Mark drooley.gif

I have a pair of NOS USA Hella rear lenses in the boxes, but I plan to install Euro lenses on 'HOWARD' ... I'll probably offer them up for sale when I dig them out of storage idea.gif

popcorn[1].gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 23 2019, 11:17 AM) *

Nice pair of assemblies ya got there, Mark drooley.gif

I have a pair of NOS USA Hella rear lenses in the boxes, but I plan to install Euro lenses on 'HOWARD' ... I'll probably offer them up for sale when I dig them out of storage idea.gif

popcorn[1].gif

@euro911

PM me on those, I would be interested! Any chance you have a set of NOS center caps for 2.0 Fuchs?

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.