Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What size socket for oil pressure switch / sender?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
beemie96
I searched and searched and even looked in the service manual, but it just shows some part called a 'spanner'... I need to pick up a socket to pull and replace my oil pressure switch. (Yep, got oil around it on the top of the engine -- and I changed the oil cooler seals already and I still see oil coming down).

I thought it was 22mm... but maybe 23mm? It;s bigger than 19mm, that's for sure!

Thanks!
ArtechnikA
i *think* it's 13/16" - IOW - spark plug socket size.

since you probably have one - give it a shot, but don't go buy one just on my recollection. (but you probably oughtta have a good spark plug socket anyway, so ...)
beemie96
yeah... pretty sure i tried that socket already... maybe not. i definitely have one of those, though.
Cap'n Krusty
It's still 24 mm, just like when the last guy asked earlier this week.......... Unless it's one of those bogus, ill fitting, leak prone FLAPS senders, some of which are as big as 27 mm. The Cap'n
beemie96
24 ? wow. Thanks. I tried searching on the site before asking, I swear. I never saw the post from last week.
hmeeder
15/16 fits perfectly if you don't happen to have a 24 (I just checked it.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.