Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hub inner wheel bearing seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
The seal apparently has an inner and an outer side. On one side the rubber has a sharp edge that extends a little beyond the flat side of metal. Does that side go next to the bearing or go toward the suspension ? It may be clear when I remove the current seal but I thought I’d ask. Thanks in advance as I want to get this done tomorrow.
iankarr
If it’s what I think you’re describing, the rubber ring is a separate piece that’s flat on the suspension side. There’s a front wheel bearing install video on my YouTube channel. Hope it helps! Link below...
jfort
It runs out that it is easy to see how it goes based on the one in place. The pointy ruined side is out, the smooth side toward the bearing. Packed all the bearings. New pads and rotors up front. Bled them again. Bedded the rotors and pads. All works great. Ready for 5/13 track day at Mid Ohio.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(jfort @ Apr 6 2019, 02:56 PM) *

It runs out that it is easy to see how it goes based on the one in place. The pointy ruined side is out, the smooth side toward the bearing. Packed all the bearings. New pads and rotors up front. Bled them again. Bedded the rotors and pads. All works great. Ready for 5/13 track day at Mid Ohio.

Give us a report on your M.O. event...I'm currently at VIR race with VDCA/VRG...Michael S. is here also...we're grouped with Mustang Camaro Alfa 240 Z's...having a blast....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.