Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luft6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
siverson
Tickets just went on sale for Luft6. They sold out quickly last year.

Anyone planning on going?

My Green 914 was accepted for the air-cooled display again this year. Is that thanks to Ethan? Are you helping with things again this year?

-Steve
siverson
Link to tickets:

https://shop.luftgekuhlt.com/collections/luft-6

rgalla9146
It's gonna remain a dream again this year.
914-300Hemi
One of my Porsche’s was accepted piratenanner.gif but I don’t know if it is the 914 or the 911.
Bulldozer27
First time going. Are the 914s supposed to park together?
tailwind22
Super excited to attend with my Son as spectators.
ValcoOscar
Have fun guys and gals....passing this year.

Oscar
Optimusglen
Unbelievable location. Purchased my ticket, wont be able to drag the 914 down from MN though.
sb914
It used to be fun. Now it’s got to big.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 7 2019, 04:16 AM) *

agree.gif
burton73
I got shut out last year. I have my tickets this year.
Next year 41 will be up there.

Bob B cheer.gif
Retroracer
My car got accepted in the "air cooled" track. I now have to look at changing some work travel around in order to make it there... have never been before but will try to make it happen.

- Tony
Matty900
I got in but I am not sure if it is the Red car or the White one
Chi-town
Everyone get their hipster beards ready! laugh.gif
burton73
QUOTE(sb914 @ Apr 7 2019, 04:16 AM) *

Theme song from Cheers.

Taking a break from all your worries
It sure would help a lot
Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name
And they're always glad you came.

You want to be where you can see
The troubles are all the same,
You want to be where everybody knows your name.

You want to go where people know,
The people are all the same,
You want to go where everybody knows your name

Bob B biggrin.gif
Coondog
Bought a couple 10am tickets, never been so going with a open mind...... blink.gif
Larmo63
It was fun when you didn't have to fight for tickets.

I'll pass, I'm over it.
Maltese Falcon
Bunch of folks over on the bird board not happy at all with this year's event not having a dedicated Porsche parking lot (for non exhibitors). And not wanting to park in Universal's general parking lot, also not wanting to Uber over to Luft. Heres a good solution; the L A. River runs right next to Universal, just hop on one of L.A.'s finest inflatable Pink Flamingos (piloted by L.A. homeless) , jump out , dry off and present your ticket !
Click to view attachment
Steve
My car is still in the body shop, so i will be driving the rice rocket. I also have 10am tickets. See you guys there.
914-300Hemi
Looks like the 914 was accepted, so now I need to get it running and cleaned.
Maltese Falcon
914 acceptance to Luft6 is doing great and many from our World group here driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Patrick and his staff are totally aware of the 50th anniversary of our teeners , so there should be a major 914 contingent there !
campbellcj
Did anyone have a problem where they bought a passenger ticket and the passenger's name was not on it? I got 2 tix both with my name. I emailed the team but of course just an auto-reply saying they're slammed...
Optimusglen
yeah it is mentioned somewhere in the ticketing process. All tickets will have the card holders name but at the gate they have a list of all names. So anyone wanting to enter needs to have identification if they are over 12 (or something like that)

Is anyone going to the kickoff event for Luft at the Petersen the night before? Can't find it if you just search but I guess there's a link to it after you buy Luft tickets.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Apr 10 2019, 08:31 AM) *

yeah it is mentioned somewhere in the ticketing process. All tickets will have the card holders name but at the gate they have a list of all names. So anyone wanting to enter needs to have identification if they are over 12 (or something like that)

Is anyone going to the kickoff event for Luft at the Petersen the night before? Can't find it if you just search but I guess there's a link to it after you buy Luft tickets.

Petersen Website also not listing it on their calendar-of-events...but I always get a helpful person when I call them direct 323.930.2277
Optimusglen
Yeah I think it's meant for those that have already registered for Luft, not the general public.

http://petersentickets.org/products/luft6kickoff

I wont be bringing my 914, I'm flying in from MN and going to rent via Turo for the first time. Found this cool little Fiat.
IPB Image
It's not the Abarth as recommended by @horizontally-opposed but it is a manual trans with some light modifications so it should be fun in lieu of my 914.
Matty900

I will be going to the Peterson the night before. I did an aircooled display ticket for that one.
Ed_Turbo
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Apr 9 2019, 08:22 PM) *

Looks like the 914 was accepted, so now I need to get it running and cleaned.

Told you @914-300Hemi! You owe me $ now laugh.gif

-Ed

Got 8am tickets as well. Cannot wait to go.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Apr 10 2019, 01:21 PM) *

Yeah I think it's meant for those that have already registered for Luft, not the general public.

http://petersentickets.org/products/luft6kickoff

I wont be bringing my 914, I'm flying in from MN and going to rent via Turo for the first time. Found this cool little Fiat.
IPB Image
It's not the Abarth as recommended by @horizontally-opposed but it is a manual trans with some light modifications so it should be fun in lieu of my 914.

Awe...try and find an Abarth, then you can bolt one of our super duper turbo dump-pipes for the weekend driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Sorry for the hijack + ruthless product plug
abes914
Got tickets for 10 am. Excited to be there.
Bulldozer27

I bought tickets but didn't see this. Is there a link on the Luft website?
Optimusglen
QUOTE(Bulldozer27 @ Apr 11 2019, 08:47 PM) *

I bought tickets but didn't see this. Is there a link on the Luft website?

I linked it in post #25
Maltese Falcon
Green is in at Luft6...a couple of MSDS customer cars accepted; Connor's 2056
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Ryan's olive green 911sc hot rod, with a set of MSDS racing headers ceramic coated in bronze (color). ITB's looking good ¡!Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Apr 10 2019, 07:23 AM) *

Did anyone have a problem where they bought a passenger ticket and the passenger's name was not on it? I got 2 tix both with my name. I emailed the team but of course just an auto-reply saying they're slammed...

Yes same problem with wife ticket, there was a receipt showing what you did and showing what you bought, so I am just going to print that and bring it along.

I was accepted too and first time displaying, went last year as a spectator and it was nice but this venue should be amazing.
driving.gif white914.jpg
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Apr 13 2019, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Apr 10 2019, 07:23 AM) *

Yes same problem with wife ticket, there was a receipt showing what you did and showing what you bought, so I am just going to print that and bring it along.

I was accepted too and first time displaying, went last year as a spectator and it was nice but this venue should be amazing.
driving.gif white914.jpg

Looks like things are not working well in the ticket department at Luft this year. confused24.gif
As campbellcj stated he had received his passenger ticket with his name on it and so did I.

Now, this morning I get an email from Luft saying they noticed an "issue" with my order. saying "The number of tickets purchased does not align with the number of first and last names you provided".

Interestingly enough my confirmation receipt email clearly shows my wife's name as Ped #1 but that part of the confirmation will not print out. Go figure. blink.gif

There is no phone number I could find to call and they are basically giving 24 hours to buy another ticket???

So I replied to their email with full explanation and received as campbellcj did, a reply basically saying they were slammed and would read emails as they come in. Great.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?
driving.gif white914.jpg
Retroracer
Yes, same issues here; same email saying non-matching tickets to named people. Their whole ticket ordering portal seems to be a bit of a cloister feck.

Did get a reply saying the tickets names on their computer will be the "master", overriding any naming on the tickets, but I get the feeling there will be some level of chaos on entry.....

- Tony
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Apr 16 2019, 01:35 PM) *

Yes, same issues here; same email saying non-matching tickets to named people. Their whole ticket ordering portal seems to be a bit of a cloister feck.

Did get a reply saying the tickets names on their computer will be the "master", overriding any naming on the tickets, but I get the feeling there will be some level of chaos on entry.....

- Tony

Do not recall seeing anything about ticket names and "master" but I may not have been looking close enough.
Liked: " I get the feeling there will be some level of chaos on entry....." smile.gif
Should be fun!
driving.gif white914.jpg

pete000
I will be there with my 914-6.. driving.gif
campbellcj
Yep I got the same email today about a possible error with my order blah blah, but no human response to the original problem report yet. I kinda doubt my kid will wake up and come with me anyway but still...
Optimusglen
Right when I ordered the tickets I read that for orders with multiple tickets, all printed tickets would have the name of the one who made the order. It's astonishing how few people actually read that.
campbellcj
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Apr 17 2019, 08:33 AM) *

Right when I ordered the tickets I read that for orders with multiple tickets, all printed tickets would have the name of the one who made the order. It's astonishing how few people actually read that.

Hmm, I did not see that but I did see the statement that the name on each ticket must match the person's ID. So this AM I got an email reply stating that all tickets will have the same name but should have different ticket numbers....not....I got 2 tickets with the same name AND number, separately emailed PDFs. But they say all is well and the check-in list at the gate will have the correct names input on the web site.
Maltese Falcon
Saw this on the iG last night, a comforting Tee shirt for this years shut-outs biggrin.gif No affiliation with the seller...
On with the show ; from what I've heard this year's gathering seems to be into our cult of 914s and the 50th thumb3d.gif
Click to view attachment
914SIXXation
Hey, really looking forward to displaying our 914-6 at our 3rd Luftgekuhlt event at Universal Studios and especially to see all of those coming from 914World.

Looks like at least 8 on this thread are displaying and 11 as spectators. Of course, there are likely many more that haven't posted.

I also had the situation regarding the ticket alert - check your order come up and thankfully did get a reply back to assure me my order was correct.

As one member posted, hopefully they will have all of us grouped together but would assume we would get some early email possibly advising us? However, they are pretty efficient in getting the cars into the area in an organized fashion.

We're really looking forward to coming to see everyone's cars and to meet other 914World and other 914 owners (and other car owners).

See you Saturday (rain, rain go away.......)

914SIXXation
Just a thought, do you think that 914 owners (displayers and spectators) would like to
meet at someones familiar specified 914 at a designated time to chat, meet each other and browse/check out each other's cars? Hopefully we will all be in one general area.

Looking forward to seeing some super 914s!Click to view attachment
Optimusglen
I'm just imagining us all meeting together and introducing ourselves with our screen names lol-2.gif
burton73
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 8 2019, 01:35 PM) *

I'm just imagining us all meeting together and introducing ourselves with our screen names lol-2.gif

sounds like a 12-step meeting

I am Bob B and I am
Larmo63
Dang, the Friday night thing looks like fun, but $180 fun?

You can even (now sold-out) pay MORE for an extra extra special super duper Porsche guy experience.

Is this event THAT snooty now? Jeez.

Friggin' LOVE the Der Faszination "Luftreject" shirt!!!!!! Good one, Marty!
914SIXXation
[quote name='914SIXXation' date='May 8 2019, 03:29 PM' post='2712174']
Just a thought, do you think that 914 owners (displayers and spectators) would like to
meet at someones familiar specified 914 at a designated time to chat, meet each other and browse/check out each other's cars? Hopefully we will all be in one general area.

Looking forward to seeing some super 914s!

Click to view attachment
[/quote

Ok..... I thought it might be cool:confused:

At some stage we will eventually start to meet some members, looks like the Ramble should we a LOT of fun.

Should be so many cool cars.....see you at Luft6 .... and in June at the Ramble! bye1.gif
abes914
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ May 8 2019, 01:29 PM) *

Looking forward to seeing some super 914s!

I got the 10 am ticket and I'll be wearing a 914 shirt. Not sure which one yet.
siverson
Hi 914SIXXation,

We met last year - I had the green six.

I'll be there again this year too.

-Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.