Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Luft6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
pete000
It was hard to take a bad picture, neat back drops everywhere.

Loved seeing the 914 race cars and the 916.

One guy looking at the 916 said, nice fake, almost perfect....LOL

krazykonrad
The Lufthansa 6 and the Ginther 4 are epic! beerchug.gif

Konrad
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(pete000 @ May 13 2019, 06:16 PM) *

It was hard to take a bad picture, neat back drops everywhere.

Loved seeing the 914 race cars and the 916.

One guy looking at the 916 said, nice fake, almost perfect....LOL

This "Fake" that was special ordered by Frau Piëch, ex-Otis Chandler, ex-Matsuda Collection, and today in new ownership. Right on to that windbag of an opinion, guess he will never know what he was eyeballing.
Patrick Long and staff staged this yellow beauty just in front of the brick wall , alone by itself without any fanfare nor signage...to be the "Wallflower" . Most of us here with the keen eye, or others curious enough to ask around for answers could figure that this one of the limited 916 run.
Bulldozer27
QUOTE(Steve @ May 11 2019, 07:26 PM) *

Funny .. there was a 916 there with no placard and just along the wall and most people didn’t even notice it.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Glad I ran into you in front of the Gulf 917 right before I left as I thought that 916 was a replica until you told me. Had to go back and shoot some photos before taking off beerchug.gif
Lucky9146
Margie Smith-Haas, a San Diego race driver who raced in Le Mans in 1984 & 1985 among others, brought her original 914-6.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
I met Gaspar last year at Luft 5 he come from back east (maybe New Jersey?) I lost his card! Had a nice Yellow 914 last year and this flared gold one was stunning. Saw a couple pictures posted already but not one of the engine, a twin plug.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Lucky9146
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ May 15 2019, 05:02 PM) *

Never cared for the Flag mirrors on the 914; but these do look hot on your white gt flared car !!
Superhawk996
There is also some great photo's and event coverage over on Bring A Trailer.
Bulldozer27
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ May 16 2019, 05:45 PM) *

There is also some great photo's and event coverage over on Bring A Trailer.

If you want to know the story behind each car on display, go to http://luftcars.com.

I suggest you check out car #394 for entirely selfish reasons biggrin.gif
JmuRiz
HA, even that site missed the 916 wink.gif
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ May 16 2019, 05:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ May 15 2019, 05:02 PM) *

Never cared for the Flag mirrors on the 914; but these do look hot on your white gt flared car !!

Thanks Marty! It was not my choice but I live with it as the flares, paint, and mirrors date back to about 1995 and I can't think of an easy way to change it. Imron paint holding up well! I did have a guy stop by and he really wanted to buy it.
driving.gif white914.jpg
GregAmy
QUOTE(GregAmy @ May 13 2019, 04:37 PM) *

Always wondered why someone has not tried these style of 911 RSR flares on a 914 instead of the boxy big-shoulder look of the more-common 916-ish.

I saw that syle of flares on a Lotus Europa racer (can't see to find it again) and it looked pretty good...

Found it. Would love to see someone do this style on a 914.

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ May 17 2019, 10:18 AM) *

Thanks Marty! It was not my choice but I live with it as the flares, paint, and mirrors date back to about 1995 and I can't think of an easy way to change it. Imron paint holding up well! I did have a guy stop by and he really wanted to buy it.
driving.gif white914.jpg

Your car looked great!

1990s paint, even here in CA, was really good stuff—my old catalyzed acrylic enamel job from ~1991 was holding up beautifully in terms of the paint, but the prep under it just wasn't straight enough. Ah well.

About those mirrors: Have you thought about going 1974 RSR style, as seen on the driver's door of this car? You won't see as much (though I ran this actual car, and found the mirror useful "enough"), but they might cover up the mounts for the 1980s flag mirrors, and they would look period correct...

Matty900
I stayed late taking pictures at the end of Luftgekühlt biggrin.gif
Matty900
According to the Luftgekühlt car info:
Elephant suspension, PMB Rebuilt Brakes, Getty GT Fiberglass Decklids/Bumpers, Wayne Baker Styled Fiberglass Fenders (removable), Lexan side windows, GTS Classic Pepita/Leather seats, Palo Alto Speedometer Gauges-356/904 inspired, 911R Inspired Floor Mats/Carpet/Doorcards, Type IV 2.6L Flat Fan Engine, Jongbloed Modular Wheels, 7.5x15 Front, 8.5x15 Rear, Euro Lenses, 911 Side Marker, LED bulbs, Tangerine Racing Muffler/Transmission linkage, Chassis Reinforcing, Albert Blue Lacquer Paint
Matty900
The old Sheriff was in town
Matty900
Got to shoot a little with Britney
Matty900
Herley stopped by
Matty900
Some of my favorite shots of the day
Matty900
Beautiful stageing
Matty900
Mikey rolling in
Matty900
Rwb_rocky came down from Portland for the show too
Matty900
Rwb_rocky
Matty900
Herley reunited with the car that he won the championship in in 1971
Matty900
The Real 916
mlmgm
QUOTE(Matty900 @ May 18 2019, 10:33 AM) *

Elephant suspension, PMB Rebuilt Brakes, Getty GT Fiberglass Decklids/Bumpers, Wayne Baker Styled Fiberglass Fenders (removable), Lexan side windows, GTS Classic Pepita/Leather seats, Palo Alto Speedometer Gauges-356/904 inspired, 911R Inspired Floor Mats/Carpet/Doorcards, Type IV 2.6L Flat Fan Engine, Jongbloed Modular Wheels, 7.5x15 Front, 8.5x15 Rear, Euro Lenses, 911 Side Marker, LED bulbs, Tangerine Racing Muffler/Transmission linkage, Chassis Reinforcing, Albert Blue Lacquer Paint

My son Ryan's car, a four year father/son project. Many 914world vendors used. Good clean fun and we had a blast at Luft!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(mlmgm @ May 19 2019, 12:21 PM) *

My son Ryan's car, a four year father/son project. Many 914world vendors used. Good clean fun and we had a blast at Luft!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

^ This car is beyond cool, and it was great to see you and meet Ryan, even if only too briefly. If ever you can be tempted up to Marin for a drive and some lunch, let me know!
sixnotfour
Leichtbau = lightweight design

That is Awesome.... first.gif
mlmgm
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 19 2019, 12:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

^ This car is beyond cool, and it was great to see you and meet Ryan, even if only too briefly. If ever you can be tempted up to Marin for a drive and some lunch, let me know!

Thank you Pete for the kind words, and invitation. Back at you, if you find yourself on the Peninsula, please stop by. beerchug.gif
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ May 14 2019, 09:22 PM) *

Margie Smith-Haas, a San Diego race driver who raced in Le Mans in 1984 & 1985 among others, brought her original 914-6.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hi Lucky9146,
Thank you so much for posting some awesome photos of my 914-6 which I've owned since 1976. It was so great attending my 3rd Luft and I was so amazed at all of the 914s that came and getting the opportunity to meet some of the owners. The entire event was so beautifully done and having so many 914s on display was awesome. We hope to see many more 914s and meet some new 914 friends at the WCR. Will you be there? I'm new to 914WORLD. Thanks again! driving-girl.gif
krazykonrad
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 19 2019, 11:31 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

What's the exhaust set-up? Looks cool.

Konrad
914-300Hemi
Luft 6 was great and very overwhelming. It was great to see all the 914’s in one place and also some scattered around. I didn’t see anyone post the 914 truck.
Click to view attachment

I want the tool box
Click to view attachment
914SIXXation
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ May 22 2019, 07:25 PM) *

Luft 6 was great and very overwhelming. It was great to see all the 914’s in one place and also some scattered around. I didn’t see anyone post the 914 truck.
Click to view attachment

I want the tool box
Click to view attachment

Great to have that photo posted as well. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Also thanks to EVERYONE who has posted so many awesome photos for all of us to see....

Give me MORE!!!! LOVE IT!
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Matty900 @ May 18 2019, 12:52 PM) *

Mikey rolling in

Such a super photo.......now, can you imagine what it would have looked like if the driver had on some of those fake halloween fangs.........
mlmgm
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ May 22 2019, 05:09 PM) *

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 19 2019, 11:31 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

What's the exhaust set-up? Looks cool.

Konrad

^Thanks, Tangerine Racing Chris Foley made it, we changed the tip a bit.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ May 22 2019, 05:25 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I want the tool box
Click to view attachment

more pics of this truck

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Another truck pic from Modernica/ Luft 3
Click to view attachment
GregAmy
That's pretty cool! Didn't know someone had done that. I think I would have been temped to go to Lotus Europa way and cut out the whole inner steel, brace it, and install a removable undertray and full hinged rear-decklid.

But the photo below really made me physically cringe...serious cranium-buster...

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 22 2019, 10:22 PM) *

more pics of this truck

Click to view attachment

914SIXXation
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 19 2019, 02:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Absolutely amazing car! Saw it at Luft!
Big Len
The ass on this car is absolutely viscous except............it needs two round exhaust pipes, not one oval. Otherwise, wow.
mlmgm
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 27 2019, 05:14 PM) *

The ass on this car is absolutely viscous except............it needs two round exhaust pipes, not one oval. Otherwise, wow.

We were shooting for a bit of Porsche 550/356 GT vibe on the exhaust tip

Betty
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ May 14 2019, 09:22 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I...am... in... awe...! Just a beautiful car!!! driving-girl.gif

How long have you had him/her? What do you love about it? What is it's history? What's his/her name? Do you have more pictures??? aktion035.gif
campbellcj
Some more photos to kick-off WCR weekend -

Luft6

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.