Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I love it when it’s easy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
I took the 914 out for it’s first real run of spring. About 2 miles from home it starts missing and is clearly intermittently loosing a cylinder. I stop for gas and it’s getting worse. It’s last years gas in the car and I’m having flashback of carbs and jets clogging over the winter.

Fill up with gas and check the plug wires. Number 3 wasn’t seated all the way. Proceeded to drive the car without a hitch for the rest of the morning.

Man I love it when it’s easy.

Zach
worn
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Apr 7 2019, 12:03 PM) *

I took the 914 out for it’s first real run of spring. About 2 miles from home it starts missing and is clearly intermittently loosing a cylinder. I stop for gas and it’s getting worse. It’s last years gas in the car and I’m having flashback of carbs and jets clogging over the winter.

Fill up with gas and check the plug wires. Number 3 wasn’t seated all the way. Proceeded to drive the car without a hitch for the rest of the morning.

Zach

I love it when the salt is gone from the road so we can get out and drive. Glad you can readily use up last years gas.
914Sixer
Sweeeeet
Spoke
Good to hear. You have such a nice car and all it's done is fuck with you left and right. Are you sure it's not possessed?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Spoke @ Apr 7 2019, 08:49 PM) *

Good to hear. You have such a nice car and all it's done is fuck with you left and right. Are you sure it's not possessed?

Lol. Not at all sure.

Zach
Porschef
Don’t feel bad, I had taken mine out after installing the 123 Distributor and was not liking it at all. Thought I just really needed to work on the tune. When I got home, I figured something else must be up and there it was, plug wire for #4 hanging overboard. blink.gif

Running much better, thank you... piratenanner.gif
ericoneal
I got stranded awhile back and it turned out to be that the coil wire had come loose. Figured it out because the tach was going crazy as it was sputtering.
Really makes me appreciate some of the frustration that I had over the winter and the experience gained getting her running again because I would not have noticed otherwise and would have had to get a tow...
ClayPerrine
A year ago last fall, a week before we were due to leave for Okteenerfest, I was doing little things to Betty's car. I wanted to check it out on a long run, so I took it for a drive. About 3/4 of the way around a long loop of my house (60+ miles), the car quit while running steady state on the highway. I coasted off the nearest exit ramp and pulled onto the shoulder. Opened the engine lid, and found that the throttle cable had pushed the spade connector off the positive side of the coil.

Less than 5 minutes and one zip tie later (to move the throttle cable off the connector), I was back on the road. No other issues at all.

It was a relief not to have a big issue right before the trip.
Dr Evil
Wait for it.... ph34r.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 10 2019, 10:47 AM) *

Wait for it.... ph34r.gif

Don't. Fucking. Jynx. It.

Zach
Tdskip
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Apr 7 2019, 03:03 PM) *

Zach

Phew!
struckn
Zach, you might want to add some Gas 360 Treatment if your gas was last years gas.

I had mine out during one of the coldest days after sitting most of the winter and it ran good, but seamed to hesitate a couple times and idled ruff. When I got it home I sprayer some Carb Cleaner in it. I never had any problems since Tony rebuilt the engine seven years again in 2012. Can't believe it's been that long ago and problem free. Anyway talking about a simple fix, the carb cleaner was the trick, a quick fix, and all it needed.

See you in Hershey WITH YOUR MAGA CAR! Good luck with the Auto Cross Sunday.

VaccaRabite
Its got a full tank of fresh fuel in it now.
Finishing up hooking up gauges and planning on taking it for a drive tomorrow assuming the weather cooperates.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.