Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 Remote Cooler Thermostat and Lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roblav1
-6 Build: Where are people installing the remote oil cooler thermostat? I want to weld in a bracket for it before paint. Kindof new to me since we never use remote oil thermostats in our formula racecars.

I was debating putting it on the right side - to run the oil out from the pump outlet in the case on the right side - to the thermostat, then split with one line going to the tank and the other to the cooler. It almost makes sense to run the feed line to the cooler on the right side and the return line from the cooler to the tank on the left side. But what confuses me is why does the oil thermostat have four ports instead of three? With three, one inlet port from the engine, one outlet port to the tank, and the other outlet port to the cooler. Where does the fourth port come into play?

Thanks,
Rob
roblav1
Perfect! Thank you again!

I forgot that the tank has only one fitting for the return oil! Hence the need for a 4 port thermostat.
mepstein
I ran my outlet up the right and return down the left.
Unless I have it wrong, the thermostat has a valve in the middle that opens when the oil heats it up. Until then, oil goes in the thermostat and is redirected 180 degrees. When it opens it goes strait through on each side.
roblav1
Thanks Mark.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.