Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electrical Challenge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mowog4
I have a wired deal, with the car off the turn signal stalk will turn on the parking lights on one side. So if the lever is down the left lights up. If it is up the right side lights. I do have LED parking and tail lights, something there feeding back? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ed
HansJan
???
What is wrong?
Spoke
That is a safety item if the car is parked on the side of the road. 911's do that too.
914 Ranch
I believe that the stock wiring is done that way from the factory.
Let me see if I have this right. If you turn the car off and the turn signal is on it leaves that side lights on.
My '72 from the factory did just that.
SirAndy
Most European cars of the area do that.

It allows you to switch the parking lights to whichever side of the car is facing traffic when you are parked on the side of the road in an unlit area.
shades.gif
raynekat
QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Apr 7 2019, 07:04 PM) *

I have a wired deal, with the car off the turn signal stalk will turn on the parking lights on one side. So if the lever is down the left lights up. If it is up the right side lights. I do have LED parking and tail lights, something there feeding back? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Ed

As everyone above as said....this is completely normal and the way the car is supposed to operate.
Enjoy
Mowog4
QUOTE(raynekat @ Apr 7 2019, 11:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Mowog4 @ Apr 7 2019, 07:04 PM) *

Ed

As everyone above as said....this is completely normal and the way the car is supposed to operate.
Enjoy

Very cool, thanks
Ed
whitetwinturbo
...........BMW 540it 2000 does the same trick without the key in the ignition blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.