Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: early Fog light conversion to LED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
I have a very nice set of early fogs I put in my car when I backdated my bumpers but the old bulbs , which by the way were hard to source, just don't give much light,
and would be nice to switch over. My late ones had a H1 connector so could just use a superbrightLED H1 LED bulb but this is a twist in base, so any ideas on how to go about this? Looking for suggestions and possibly not re-invent the wheel so-to-speak.

Phil
mepstein
I just sent Spoke/Jerry some fogs so he could develop an LED conversion. His other products are top notch so I would wait and see what he comes up with. I know he's done some for the 356 crowd so I imagine we'll see them soon.
914Sixer
You need to replace the reflector bulb mount to change the bulb type. Not an easy find.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Apr 8 2019, 08:43 AM) *

You need to replace the reflector bulb mount to change the bulb type. Not an easy find.

yea , that's the biggest issue here but maybe Spoke will come up with the solution!
michael7810
I’m wanting to do this mod as well. My OEM fog lights don’t look right with LED headlights
76-914
I'd buy a set. Stock bulbs are a huge drain. I'll bet that Spoke will use some male plug shaped adapter to make them plug n play.
rgolia
I did this. Matches perfect with Spokes European marker LEDs
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
I did it without destroying the oem mount by trimming the base of the H7 bulb and then hot glueing it to the oem base.
The fogs throw out waay more light
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.