Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad in Cerakote
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsche914gt
Cerakote was $225.
Engine tin and shroud silver powdercoat was $325.
It came out nice, but was told to be careful as the Creakote can scratch.
Powder Craft
North Hollywood.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Wow. Looks great but those are very expensive prices.
mb911
Cerakote doesn't really scratch.. I use it pretty often..
VaccaRabite
Wouldnt ceramic coating be better then Cerakoat? I know they are similar, but I usually associate Cerakote with firearms, not engine parts.

I've had ceramic coated exhaust and headers before. Its amazing how much heat it pushed out the tail pipe rather then radiating it through the exhaust pipes. Its night and day now with the SS heat exchangers on the car, if I get under the car after driving it.

Zach
mepstein
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Apr 9 2019, 01:29 PM) *

Wouldnt ceramic coating be better then Cerakoat? I know they are similar, but I usually associate Cerakote with firearms, not engine parts.

I've had ceramic coated exhaust and headers before. Its amazing how much heat it pushed out the tail pipe rather then radiating it through the exhaust pipes. Its night and day now with the SS heat exchangers on the car, if I get under the car after driving it.

Zach

Zach - I'm pretty sure cerikote is considered ceramic coating. Go on their website. They have a lot of options and they will send out color square samples of their colors.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 9 2019, 02:08 PM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Apr 9 2019, 01:29 PM) *

Zach

Zach - I'm pretty sure cerikote is considered ceramic coating. Go on their website. They have a lot of options and they will send out color square samples of their colors.

agree.gif I just had a pair of stock 2.0 HE's cerakoted. It wasn't cheap, and honestly they don't LOOK great (they were a little banged up), but I'm expecting them to run slightly cooler and also not rust.

A lot of cerakote providers are actually firearms shops.
914_7T3
QUOTE(porsche914gt @ Apr 8 2019, 11:22 AM) *

Cerakote was $225.
Engine tin and shroud silver powdercoat was $325.
It came out nice, but was told to be careful as the Creakote can scratch.
Powder Craft
North Hollywood.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

My Powder Coating was done at Powder Craft as well including Ceramic Coating of the Muffler! Price was about $300, but its LA and it seems like everything is at a premium out here.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.