Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtb 1.7 muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mtndawg
I have a ‘75 2.0 and have acquired 1.7 SSI’s and a 1.7 hanger. Now I’m looking for a muffler and that’s on the quiet side. Located in the Sacramento area if there’s someone local...
Tom_T
QUOTE(mtndawg @ Apr 8 2019, 01:41 PM) *

I have a ‘75 2.0 and have acquired 1.7 SSI’s and a 1.7 hanger. Now I’m looking for a muffler and that’s on the quiet side. Located in the Sacramento area if there’s someone local...

I just have to ask .... Why!? blink.gif confused24.gif huh.gif

You'd be MUCH better off with the 2.0 SSI's, hanger & factory banana muffler - than constricting your 75 2L with those 1.7 smaller pipes!

I'd say sell them to someone with an actual 70-73 1,7, then get the 2.0 set-up new or used, as all parts are available from any seller of JP/Dansk OEM parts, or used on here, 914club, TheSamba, evil-bay, etc. (BTW - Dansk also makes the OEM 1.7/1.8 mufflers new too, if you're stuck on hobbling your 2L).

GLWTB! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mtndawg
All good points Tom. I've got a bunch of time and $ into rust repair, rebuilt engine and transmission and the list goes on. I would be pushing $3,000 with new 2.0L SSI's and muffler. I want to get on the road and slim down my expenses. I can upgrade my muffler later.
mepstein
1.7 ssi’s are same id and od as 2.0. No performance difference. It was oem heat exchangers that differed.

@mtndawg
QuackmeDaddy
QUOTE(mtndawg @ Apr 8 2019, 03:28 PM) *

All good points Tom. I've got a bunch of time and $ into rust repair, rebuilt engine and transmission and the list goes on. I would be pushing $3,000 with new 2.0L SSI's and muffler. I want to get on the road and slim down my expenses. I can upgrade my muffler later.

I have a 1.7 muffler from a 73 914. Located in Fairfield / Suisun City
mtndawg
Agreed with mepstein, I recall reading a thread about the diameter of the ssi’s being the same for1.7 and 2.0 configurations. I’ll probably eventually go to a Triad exhaust to go with my 1.7 he’s. Quackme, I’ve sent you a pm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.